+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dragonflies

I'm Alan.

Default Dragonflies

I love dragonflies, such majestic creatures and phenomenal flyers.

It must be a good season for them over here as I have counted 20 perching throughout the garden, most of them on a high antenna wire.

This one was the king of the hill, perching on the very top of the highest antenna:

There were 14 on one of the wires, this one was lower down on a bamboo pole:

Awesome
    Firebottle - for the no bottleneck approach.

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Jez.

I haven't seen one for a few years but yes they are amazing insects.. and the fastest flyers apparently!

I'm guessing you're a ham then? Or have you given up the acting? I dabble with homebrew gear myself but the licence is too limiting so just the SWL side...

I'm Geoff.

There were loads around last year. Seen none this summer.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Grant.

Think they are usually west coast. Dont see them here much.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm Alan.

Yes I am a Ham, how can you say the license is too restrictive?

I used to do amateur television including microwaves, I built and operated a 10GHz television repeater for a while.

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Yes I am a Ham, how can you say the license is too restrictive?

I used to do amateur television including microwaves, I built and operated a 10GHz television repeater for a while.

I can't be doing with Morse code and having to log every conversation in a book....
    I designed and built a double conversion 2M receiver not that long ago I'll get round to finishing off the VFO's bandpass filter properly some day ...All good clean fun.

I'm Alan.

I never did morse code. What's a log book

+ Reply to Thread