+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need another knob??

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    What is the spindle size Anto?
    Is it a 6mm diameter, possibly with a flat on one side, or a splined shaft.

I have a box of assorted knobs and can take a look.
    Just had the Vernier on it Alan .. Its a 6mm as you say with a flat side !!
    The outside body is near 18mm Cheers for looking , if you find anything suitable , otherwise I might look for a technics tuner or something U/S with the same knobs on
    The amp itself , was part of a stack Technics lot the vendor took to an electrical place to sell , but they did not want it as the knob was gone!
    The Bay pics showed it dusty and the description was very very brief , and it had been in the garage for a couple of months
    So Oddball won the 'one knobless amp ' for a lot less than half its true value - wwooooooo
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Anto.

I have found a suitable knob on an old CB radio that's had it , in my workshop.
    Its not perfect ,but not really noticeable either .

Thanks folks!

I'm Alan.

Excellent Anto, I have found two knobs but they are both for 6.25mm spindle.

I'm Anto.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Excellent Anto, I have found two knobs but they are both for 6.25mm spindle.
    Thanks for looking , Alan !!
    I will tell Grant you have 2 knobs , he might be interested in one !!

All I need now is to find some speakers to go with the amp, my Mission 752' s ,might be a tad on the small size ?

I'm Anto.

Yesterday ,I was grumpy.
    Having fired the amp up ,and connected the Project carbon , the amp sounded like a bag of shyte. The bass and treble wouldnt work and the balance was all to cack ,one side a lot louder than the other .
    Could not get the power direct switch to work either
    So looking closer the front panel is on the wonk ,so out come screwdrivers and half an hour later its lying in bits. Somebody has been in there before and left a few screws out of the chassis rails !!
    Under the main pcb , someone has effected a repair . Basically they have soldered some fine brown wire between 2 points on the pcb ,I presume to carry the signal over to another part of the board

I sprayed de oxit on all the switches and controls and moved them about !! £50 was looking a bit expensive.
    Having slept on it , I connected my cd player up this morning and after clicking the tone defeat switch in once or twice , she sang out. Connected the cd to the power direct outputs and they seemed fine with the switch pressed in !
    Put my phono box into aux and my old HMV tt with M75 6s sounded as good as I have heard it
    I can only assume the phono section (it has 4 settings MM subsonic , MM MC and MC subsonic) is a bit dirty /naff! Perhaps another good spray , but as I have a Project phono box ,its most probably better running through that !

So this morning I am smiling again , all I need are 3 more screws and I will put it back together properly and fingers crossed, it will do Oddball for a week or 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12