+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Celestion Ditton 33 values?

I'm Peter.

Default Celestion Ditton 33 values?

Anyone have any idea as to what sort of price these speakers sell for?
    My mate has a pair he wants to move on as they are too large for his room and is looking to replace with a small pair of stand mounts to partner his Rotel RA-1062 amp.
    He thought they were only good for the tip but I am sure they must have some value to add funds to his pot for a replacement.
    I have listened to them on many occasions and all drivers appear to work fine but the bass in his room is overwhelming. There are no grilles with them and the cabinets are marked on the tops but they still look in good condition from the front and I'm sure they would appeal to a lover of vintage kit and being wood, the cabinets could be restored to look great again

I'm Grant.

A nice pair up to £160.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

I reckon in that condition, maybe £60 to £80.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Sold listings on eBay would indicate around the £100 mark.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nk...p2045573.m1684
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Peter.

Crikey, thought maybe £40 would be about the mark, he'll be quite pleased I would think and it should get him a decent pair of small speakers to replace them with.
    Thanks for your input gents.
    At the prices you say, it may be worth giving them a bit of work on the scratched tops before moving them on.

I'm Grant.

its condition mainly..... good ones will sell at a reasoned price as folk still like them.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

I think so. From looking at eBay those in really good nick are fetching over £100. You have to be prepared to ship them to get top dollar though. You can knock of 20% or more if you insist on collection only.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I think so. From looking at eBay those in really good nick are fetching over £100. You have to be prepared to ship them to get top dollar though. You can knock of 20% or more if you insist on collection only.
    And therein lies the problem, big heavy speakers and no boxes would likely mean they would need to be collected and the marks to the cabinets and no grilles would mean no top dollar but still more than I thought they'd be worth.
    Now I just need to pop a post up for suggestions on suitable replacements to gel with the Rotel amp. (Can't believe he was given it for nowt!)
    Thanks for your help.

+ Reply to Thread