+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MS Pagenat 2 Inductors

I'm jamie.

Default MS Pagenat 2 Inductors

These appear to be the weak point of the crossover,my question is how can you tell what spec they are without a schematic?
    ive just noticed ive spelt the name wrong too it should be pageant 2
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Jez.

Nothing written on them? Difficult then unless you have an inductance meter with different frequency ranges, a low-Ohms meter, oscilloscope, signal generator and known resistive loads... then it's easy!

What makes you think they are a weak point?
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm jamie.

its well documented about them on the web,they are tiny little things,i could be wrong though as i know nothing about inductors in relation to their size etc, theres a photo of the crossover in this thread.

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...ageant-2/page2
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Jez.

The things with the tie wraps around around them are the inductors... and there seems to be an odd set of crossovers there... red on one channel and grey on the other? Has one been changed? One crossover been taken from another speaker made at a different time?

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm jamie.

yes they are the inductors,they are from my old pageants i sold a year ago,the crossovers im using are bog standard but the inductors are the same.im going to replace the caps like for like and just wondered how easy it was to identify the specs of the inductors with a veiw to changing them.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Jez.

Don't change the inductors. They don't wear out for one.. and the deviations from perfection due to not being mega air cored ones etc in those original inductors will likely have been taken account of in the overall design of the crossover. Fitting different ones is likely to change the frequency response!

I'm jamie.

cool,i'll leave them alone then.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

+ Reply to Thread