+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Krazy Karcher Rekord Kleaning Kaper

I'm Martin.

So how does Noel Edmunds sound after his clean and vac. Is he ruined?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Test completed

The liquid sucked up ok, although it needed several rotations to do it. More importantly there are no marks on the vinyl made by the rubber lips, so it seems unscathed which is a relief. There are no marks or blotches where the liquid has rested in the vinyl waiting to dry like when the anti stat is used. So I would call the Krazy Karcher Kleaning Kaper method a success and I will be applying for patents once I have conducted further trials on more "expendables"

Pros

Cheap (a KV2 coats about £48) even more so if you have one around the house anyway
    Pretty quiet, as compared to say a Moth or Okki Noki

Cons

A bit fiddly but no more than using the anti stat anyway
    Needs a more stable bearing, the MK 2 will have the precision bronze sintered bearing as mentioned earlier
    An unorthodox and ground breaking record cleaning method, possibly open to ridicule

Album Review

Seems to give good results , on playing, Noel Edmunds voice is as annoying as ever and you can visualise his face being hit when closing your eyes with real realism .

Incredibly the Timbre of Clement Freud's oration on that classic track "Fish Fingers and Custard" seems to be even more realistic and "in the room" with the listener than usual.

On further listening I gradually found myself getting sucked into the performances that were on display and I can tell you that I was blown away by the silence and inky blackness when Patrick Moore narrated "Mickie and the Mischievious Alarm Clock"

Eager to test out some female vocals I skipped Jasper Carrots classic offering "Gary the Greatest" and forged ahead to listen to Hannah Gordon and her performance on "Mr Peabody's Squeak" , a track which I have always felt summed up the album and is also a highly technical and challenging piece of work. From the first breathe I knew somehow that this time it would be different. Previously I have felt that her performance sounded a bit muted, almost lacking an intangible "something" . It always had more to give.

This time it was completely different, the complex rhythm's and structure of the story came across in spades highlighting her orchestral range and capability. As she progressed the grip on the emotional aspect of the story brought tears to my eyes , something that happens only on the rarest of occasions.

The piece was written for a casual audience, however that belies it complexity and during the darker passages her voice becomes stark in it's loneliness and tone. A consummate performance!! I found myself so moved on it's completion that I had to giving a standing ovation in the best operatic tradition.

I think that sums it up, thanks you for your consideration.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Brian.

Excellent write up Andy . I may just have to buy one of these Karcher machine to '' clean the windows '' . SWMBO will be very impressed ( if I clean the windows that is )

Please tell me where I can buy this album of musical delectations . I may just have to add it to my collection ( based on your write up of course )

Oh...and thank you for taking the time to introduce us to this wonderful piece of engineering . I look forward to the MK 2 version with bated breath
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Grant.

Ive got a cheap version. From aldi or lidl. Cant remember now. Its very good at doing windows. Its probably too wide for records tbh. But if you blocked up one half it may be ok. If there is a part of the sucking slit thats not on the surface its inclined not to work well. Doesnt have the suction of a record cleaner either so might not suck up all the stuff, but might.

Anyway i enjoyed the thread thouroughly...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Excellent write up Andy .
    Please tell me where I can buy this album of musical delectations . I may just have to add it to my collection ( based on your write up of course )

Oh...and thank you for taking the time to introduce us to this wonderful piece of engineering . I look forward to the MK 2 version with bated breath

Alas I fear it has long been deleted, I managed to get my rare copy in a flea market in Marrakesh.

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Ive got a cheap version. From aldi or lidl. Cant remember now. Its very good at doing windows. Its probably too wide for records tbh. But if you blocked up one half it may be ok. If there is a part of the sucking slit thats not on the surface its inclined not to work well. Doesnt have the suction of a record cleaner either so might not suck up all the stuff, but might.

Anyway i enjoyed the thread thouroughly...
    Thank you , one advantage of the KV2 over cheaper models is that it has 2 different sized nozzles that come with it, we got all angles covered!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by smangus View Post
    Alas I fear it has long been deleted, I managed to get my rare copy in a flea market in Marrakesh.
    I bet you bought it, walked away, turned around and the stall had vanished.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm bob.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    sucking slit
    pure filth.

I'm Grant.

Taking things out of context to try and score points is a childish thing to do Robert.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    . I may just have to buy one of these Karcher machine to '' clean the windows '' . SWMBO will be very impressed ( if I clean the windows that is )
    Karcher oultlet sells refurbs, usually catalogue returns and always good, half the price new usually.
    https://www.karcheroutlet.co.uk/prod...ct.asp?id=5623

or with the narrower nozzle for records and a microfibre head
    https://www.karcheroutlet.co.uk/prod...ct.asp?id=5627

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast