+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tact RCS 2.2X preamplifier

I'm Chris.

Default FOR SALE Tact RCS 2.2X preamplifier

This is a pre amplifier that contains hugely sophisticated room correction software. Its as far from a graphic equaliser as you can get. Use it to correct room anomalies such as base boom or use the integral crossovers to perfectly integrate subwoofers or bass drivers.

Just read the reviews to see how versatile and sophisticated this unit is. Use the supplied microphone to measure your rooms characteristics at you listening seat. Then fine tune any of the recommended correction curves to your liking. Its like magic.

I ran music from a PC into the digital input. Then after processing I sent the normal frequencies to the amp running horn speakers and the low frequencies to a separate amp running stereo subs. Results are like magic.

Its not a beginners bit of kit and you will need to be reasonably computer literate to do the measurements, but once curves are set up its extremely simple. You can even have separate curves for jazz, pop, orchestral etc.

No longer needed in my system and just £795

Comes complete with cables, software, instructions, microphone and original box.

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...cs-22x-preamp/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bumpy; 19-09-2016 at 07:59.

I'm Chris.

More pictures

I'm Chris.

Did I mention you can use this to integrate a bass driver into say an open baffle speaker.

lordmortlock Guest

I don't think you did. Could be worth mentioning?

I'm Chris.

If people are worried that the supplied software will not work with Windows 10 etc, then worry not.

With the Tact I will include, for free, a Toshiba laptop that will run the software and can be dedicated to the system. Here are a couple of pictures of it communicating with the Tact taken this very afternoon.

I'm Howard.

Hi. Am I correct in that Lyngdorf based their own technology on this rather clever Tact design? Thanks - Neil
    Well, hello.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post
    Hi. Am I correct in that Lyngdorf based their own technology on this rather clever Tact design? Thanks - Neil
    As far as I know the people within Tact had a falling out and one went off to form Lyngdorf. The two Companies formed a strong rivalry each with their own slant on doing digital room processing. The reviews for the Tact are very good.

I'm Chris.

I had a quick look at Lyngdorf sound processors, and found the following used item. To me, aside from the colour, they look almost identical.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/25250...1219804&crdt=0

I'm Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpy View Post
    As far as I know the people within Tact had a falling out and one went off to form Lyngdorf. The two Companies formed a strong rivalry each with their own slant on doing digital room processing. The reviews for the Tact are very good.
    Thanks. Yes, I'd heard something like that. Ho hum I guess. Yes, I read the Tact reviews a while back and found them very encouraging.

I'm Lawrence.

Doesn't necessarily Mean they are the same internally. Even if the hardware is the same the software could be tweaked.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpy View Post
    I had a quick look at Lyngdorf sound processors, and found the following used item. To me, aside from the colour, they look almost identical.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/25250...1219804&crdt=0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast