+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Amazon Echo

I'm Twisted.

Default Amazon Echo

I just ordered one if these as an experiment (swayed by the fifty quid off prime incentive).

I'm not expecting audio wonders but I am intrigued by the possibilities of a voice command system and how it might develop for audio.

Anyone else giving this stuff a go or know of any existing voice command systems?
    Simon

MINI DSP SHD; Longdog 300b; Reiver Fenwicks

Twitter @siashmore

I'm Grant.

got it on my radar too. Its got a line out that could connect to a stereo too. Thing is, I have to ask myself... do I need it?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Amazon were trying to sell me one as though I already knew what it was. I had to look it up but even then I wasn't sure. 'The closest you can get to the computer from Star Trek' was one of the blurbs from the reviews. To me that means at some point it will initiate a self destruct command that cannot be switched off. I don't know. I get the voice recognition thing, but what else does it actually do?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

It is an omni directional speaker/amp that grabs its music off amazon prime. it will be mp3 of course, but can be plonked anywhere you want. No wires etc. you can get little ones too and can put them over the house. They, especially will sell well i think. I can do what it does tbh with my ipad and the belkin sound case, so Ive no need... I bet the belkin skins it sound wise too

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Twisted.

Not come across soundcase, will have to look it up.

I think the little echo has blue tooth and a 3.5mm jack to carry a signal to 'proper' speakers. I don't know whether that means the result will be sh*t - I have no experience of this stuff.

Of course music is only a part of the echo proposition, but is obviously the bit most interesting to us here.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    Simon

MINI DSP SHD; Longdog 300b; Reiver Fenwicks

Twitter @siashmore

I'm Grant.

called thunderstorm by belkin... I got mine is a sale a while back. They were £140 originally... think you can still get them on amazon for under £40... fits ipad 2/3/4 i think.. mine is a 4. There is an app for it too, although its not supported now I think... its not needed tbh. The Echo will be quite good I think as well. Omi can be pretty good and amazon have a habit of putting good tech together. their speach recog stuff is the only one that understands me. Apple and Microsofts ones are hopeless
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

As am update to this thread I now own an ECHO. hey, this thing is all right Sound quality is above expectation and seems fairly easy to use once you get your head around it. Can be sitting there and out of the blue can ask it to read one of my books to me or play whatever music I want, and it does it pdq.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread