+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ifI SPDIF iPurifier

I'm Michael.

Default ifI SPDIF iPurifier

Just purchased one of these. This is a new product and it's purchase was prompted by John Darko's review on his 'down under' web site.
    It just plugs into your SPDIF input socket on your Dac ( In my case a Schiit Gungnir multibit fed from an Emotive EC3 CDP as transport)
    It seems to work very well with this set up. Benefits are less 'digital glare' and more drama from the music. It adds light to those who find CD transports and Dac's sounding different. In my case a good result for £145 outlay. For more info see John's review or log onto ifi's site.

Quote Originally Posted by Dauntless View Post
    It adds light to those who find CD transports and Dac's sounding different. In my case a good result for £145 outlay.

I'm Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    em yes Don't really know where your at here Mr Beresford. The point I was making was that some people find different dacs and transports sound different. This is the reason that they designed the SDDIF purifier. Maybe it will improve a Beresford Dac and maybe it won't. I has improved my system but then my Dac is Schiit and not one of yours. All I was trying to do was highlite this new product to the membership. If people are interested they will read the reviews, if not they won't.

I'm Will.

There's another thread on the subject here...

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...Sonos-CA-users
    Cheers, Will

I'm Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by Dauntless View Post
    Just purchased one of these. This is a new product and it's purchase was prompted by John Darko's review on his 'down under' web site.
    It just plugs into your SPDIF input socket on your Dac ( In my case a Schiit Gungnir multibit fed from an Emotive EC3 CDP as transport)
    It seems to work very well with this set up. Benefits are less 'digital glare' and more drama from the music. It adds light to those who find CD transports and Dac's sounding different. In my case a good result for £145 outlay. For more info see John's review or log onto ifi's site.
    Schiit state the following for their Gungnir dacs -
    Adapticlock™: Unique Clock Analysis and Regeneration
    Both versions of Gungnir include our proprietary Adapticlock system, which provides for both exceptional jitter performance and rock-solid, glitch-free connectivity. Adapticlock analyzes the incoming signal quality and automatically routes it to the best clock regeneration system—either VCXO or VCO-based. And, it does all of this without altering the bit depth or sample rate of your original music.

I am surprised that any bolt on unit offers an improvement.

I'm Clive.

I've borrowed an iFi SPDIF iPurifier. It certainly usefully boosts the SQ of my Octave DAC. I guessed it would be even better with an old Assemblage DAC...more than a decade old. With the iPurifier the Assemblage sounds worse! It's as though the DAC is being exposed as being below today's standards... possibly the receiver?
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinunca1 View Post
    Schiit state the following for their Gungnir dacs -
    Adapticlock™: Unique Clock Analysis and Regeneration
    Both versions of Gungnir include our proprietary Adapticlock system, which provides for both exceptional jitter performance and rock-solid, glitch-free connectivity. Adapticlock analyzes the incoming signal quality and automatically routes it to the best clock regeneration system—either VCXO or VCO-based. And, it does all of this without altering the bit depth or sample rate of your original music.

I am surprised that any bolt on unit offers an improvement.
    Yeh, Surprising isn't it

+ Reply to Thread