+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SchiitVali HPA (valve)

I'm Steve.

Question SchiitVali HPA (valve)

Anyone here using a Schiit Vali valve headphone amp? I am on the lookout for a cheap and cheerful (preferably valve) HPA and going on the quality of my mani phono stage i was wondering if it was worth having a punt?

I'm Patrick.

I've been using it for a couple of years now a pair of Sennheiser HD600s and they sound great together. I doubt spending more would get better results. How is the Mani phonostage? I'm currently seriously considering buying it but they seem to be out of stock at the moment

I'm Grant.

The Mani is very good at its pricepoint, and very well made. I liked mine. Better than many dearer options.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon75 View Post
    I've been using it for a couple of years now a pair of Sennheiser HD600s and they sound great together. I doubt spending more would get better results. How is the Mani phonostage? I'm currently seriously considering buying it but they seem to be out of stock at the moment
    Thanks for the heads up. The Mani is very good as Grant says "at it's price point".I find it unbeatable with mm though with mc there is room for improvement but hey, it's beer money. I intend to try it with my Lentek head amp when it is back from the doctors. I can't think of many phono stages under £700 that could touch it.

I'm Patrick.

That's good to know. They appear to have been out of stock for a while now, hopefully they are planning on making more. One went on eBay recently for £100 which suggests that word is out that it's decent.

I'm Steve.

One went on ebay last weekend for sixty quid. I could of kicked meself!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon75 View Post
    That's good to know. They appear to have been out of stock for a while now, hopefully they are planning on making more. One went on eBay recently for £100 which suggests that word is out that it's decent.

I'm Grant.

https://emotiva.com/products/pres-and-pros/xps-1

these are better if you can get one. again currently out of stock.. best stage Ive used overall.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Patrick.

Thanks for that, will certainly look into it.

I'm Steve.

I bought a Little Dot HPA from the bay of E not expecting miracles from it but i have to say it is absolutely brill for £75. It is in mint condition and holds it's own against a Creek i borrowed a few months back and an NVA kindly loaned to me too.

I'm Grant.

Is that the mk3 with the silver facia..?
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast