+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Busy time with lots of armboards :)

I'm Steve.

Default Busy time with lots of armboards :)

First off an ebony armboard for the excellent Ammonite armbase upgrade for Jelco arms

Feedback received so far: "I received the arm board today, and I am very pleased with it. The quality and finish are first class. "

Next up another Ammonite Jelco armboard but this time in African Blackwood for a SL-1200 Mk5G
    Here are the pics the customer sent me

Then a Ebony armboard for a SME arm, again for a SL-1210.

I received this feedback about the armboard,
    "Just wanted to let you know that the armboard arrived last week (Wednesday), and I fitted it over the weekend (the fitting kit worked as planned with the mk5g). It’s a beautiful item, looks great in situ and bears no comparison to its metal predecessor (which was slightly nasty, despite not being cheap).

Initial listening suggests that my issue with occasionally wayward bass has been addressed (a pleasant and unexpected surprise) and that the sometimes hard edge to the mids and uppers has gone. Never quite sure what to expect when changing components (I so want to hear a difference...!), but the new armboard genuinely appears to have realised a notable improvement.

Thanks also for the speed of construction and your communications – been a pleasure from start to finish."
    Last edited by Magna Audio; 07-10-2017 at 18:50.
    System: Turntable : SP10 MKII slate plinth, Custom Ebony tonearm board, Arm : Fidelity Research FR64s, Cartridge : SPU Royal N. SUT : Lundahl 1:13. Phonostage : Icon Audio, Streaming RPi/Kali reclocker -> I2S -> DSP XO / Pre / 4 DAC's : WAF Najda, 5 Poweramps : 3 x EL84 SET's, 2 x D class amps on bass channels, Speakers : 5 way front loaded horn system: 2 X Tapped sub 15" LF drivers / 2 X Exponential mid bass 15" drivers / Tractrix 200Hz mid horns with JBL2482's, / Tractrix 550Hz upper wooden horns with factory refurb'd Vitavox S2's / Raal Lazy Ribbons as high frequency tweeters. Wires: good silver or good copper where best suited. DIY RCM.

Maker of tonearm boards, armpods, Tannoy GRF style speaker cabinets, horn speakers, counterweights and more.
    For more information about my creations and products please click below

http://fosworld.wixsite.com/magna-audio & on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/magna_audio/

+ Reply to Thread