+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Allo Audio Piano DAC for Raspberry Pi

I'm Grant.

I know the 2.1 dac works as any dac would with an rpi and uses same current, but has 4 rcas. It is supposed to be a big increase in sq on other dacs, although cannot confirm that.
    Audiohdwr is the owner or rep of allo, and a member, so pm him. sure he can help
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by franz159 View Post
    Hi everybody.
    I just read all of the thread and I got intrigued.... since I've been playing with Raspberry, IQaudIO, HiFiBerry Digi+ for a few years now.

I have two questions:

1) Power - 3A
    I read the Kali needs 5v/3A... which means I cannot use the Ifi iPower that I just ordered since it is rated for 2.5A, correct?
    I guess I know the answer but just wanted to check....

franz
    I've been running the RPi+Kali+Piano2.0 off a 1amp regulated supply (TPS7A4700). The Piano 2.1 will require a bit more current, but I'm pretty sure that the Ifi iPower would be more than adequate.
    Edit: I just checked the diyAudio thread, where Allo stated the current draw of Kali to be about 100mA, and Piano 2.1 about 320mA. So I've no idea why they recommend as much as 3A.
    John
    Last edited by jonners; 24-10-2016 at 10:53.

I'm Mike.

I tried my Kali Reclocker/Piano 2.1 with my HD-Plex PSU rated at 5v 2a and it ran hot, so I now just use the supplied wallwart until I replace the HDPlex. I haven't tried it without the Reclocker by I might just to see if the DAC runs ok at 2a.

The HD-Plex runs stone cold with just the Pi and IQAUDIO DAC as that only requires 2a max.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234