+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Allo Audio Piano DAC for Raspberry Pi

I'm allo.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Indeed he reckoned it sounded more like a piano than a well, piano lol. Awaiting the price though. Would like to try it myself actually
    Hi Grant,

what would you be interested in trying ? the Piano DAC alone or the PINAO + KALI reclocker ?
    PM me so we can disucss.

about pricing, i had shared it in one of my early posts here:
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...highlight=vana

talk soon

I'm John.

A couple of days ago I received a Kali and a Piano Dac which I ordered from Allo.com. Delivery from India was less than 4 days.
    I thoroughly agree with Richards excellent review of these. Using the Moode player, I'm getting the best sound that I've yet heard from the RPi.
    Previously, I was using the RPi USB into a Meridian Director Dac. This is a fine Dac and it sounds great, but the RPi is probably not up to getting the best out of it. I also tried the Meridian via a HifiBerry Digi+ into the SPDIF input, but USB was better.
    Kali + Piano gives better instrumental separation, and improved micro- and macro-dynamics. Plus all that Richard said!
    The one slight oddity is that when I engage the pause on Moode, the last second or so of music is repeated about three times before the player pauses. There's at present no setting on Moode for the Piano Dac, so I'm using the setting for another Dac that uses the same chip. Perhaps, if and when Moode gets a setting for the Piano this will be fixed.
    I've also tried the RPi + Kali into a Mamboberry LS Dac. That's good too, but I prefer the Piano.

John

I'm allo.

thanks for the comments John.
    >> The one slight oddity is that when I engage the pause on Moode, the last second or so of music is repeated about three times before the player pauses.

we are looking into this.
    thanks,
    Andre

I'm allo.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiohdwr View Post
    thanks for the comments John.
    >> The one slight oddity is that when I engage the pause on Moode, the last second or so of music is repeated about three times before the player pauses.

we are looking into this.
    thanks,
    Andre
    we were able to replicate this in our lab and our team is working on a fix.
    will let you know soon enough.
    thanks and let me know if there are any other comments.

Cheers.

I'm John.

we were able to replicate this in our lab and our team is working on a fix.
    will let you know soon enough.
    thanks and let me know if there are any other comments.

Cheers.
    Cool.Thanks for letting us know.

John

I'm allo.

John,
    we are offering exchange units for the people who have the last second pause loop.
    please contact fabiola@allo.com with your order # and you can get a new unit.

I'm John.

John,
    we are offering exchange units for the people who have the last second pause loop.
    please contact fabiola@allo.com with your order # and you can get a new unit.
    I've already done that thanks Andre, and I've received the replacement which is absolutely fine.

John

I'm Francesco.

Hi everybody.
    I just read all of the thread and I got intrigued.... since I've been playing with Raspberry, IQaudIO, HiFiBerry Digi+ for a few years now.

I have two questions:

1) Power - 3A
    I read the Kali needs 5v/3A... which means I cannot use the Ifi iPower that I just ordered since it is rated for 2.5A, correct?
    I guess I know the answer but just wanted to check....

2) 2.1 vs 2.0 configuration

I read on allo.co web site re piano 2.1 that "The [Piano 2.1] board will come pre-programmed as a 2.1 output" but also tha "Piano can work as a 2.0 (all frequencies are passed to LR)"
    Does this mean there is a lo-pass filter configured to make use of the subwoofer output?
    Since I'm not planning to use a subwoofer anytime soon, what am I to do to make it works as 2.0?

Many thanks from a soon to be new customer (how long will it take to ship to New York?)

franz

I'm Grant.

Think its the Kali reclocker that needs 3a, although not sure. I believe they did a piano 2.0 as well so might still. Andre at Allo is a nice guy so send him a pm. sure he can help.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Francesco.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Think its the Kali reclocker that needs 3a, although not sure. I believe they did a piano 2.0 as well so might still. Andre at Allo is a nice guy so send him a pm. sure he can help.
    I see on Allo website the "Piano Dac" with only two RCA L/R output, but it has a different DAC system (one PCM5122 Dac vs two PCM5142 Dac in the 2.1)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast