+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Living Voice Avatar

I'm Glen.

Default Living Voice Avatar

Things may have turned around for me financially, so I was thinking about getting a pair of Living Voice Avatar II's or OBX/IBX. Has anyone ever compared the two, as the main difference seems to be the tweeter and some crossover mods?
    I appreciate that those two things alone will make a substantial difference, but is it worth the extra? Also I will be looking at the 2nd hand market or traded in stuff from Definitive, as the new prices would be out of reach.
    Any thoughts would be welcome. I'm also thinking of trying a Glasshouse 300b kit to go with these. Will that be a good combo?
    I use a Linn Akurate DS as source, so I would need a pre too..... wow, I need loads.....

Cheers

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Hi

i have been up to Kevin Scot's , and had a very good demo of the OBX version with the outboard X/over and would say they are worth the extra over the standard Avatar's .

Bear in mind though he was using the Border Patrol 300B amp (£4000 at the time) this is the amp he designed them with .
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm Glen.

I know someone who has the Border Patrol with the OBX, he says it works great. But I can't afford that, hence the Glasshouse 300b kit. I'm hoping that might get me some way toward it...

I'm David.

Good to hear you are getting back on your feet buddy!!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Glen.

Thanks Hamish.... I'll know by Wednesday for sure! I thought I'd be presumpteous and start this thread.

I'm Glen.

Post no. 50...

+ Reply to Thread