+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cartridge Repairs, Retipping and Replacement Styli Suppliers. A list!

Hannes Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pcourtney View Post
    yes Alex is the Daddy, but he is 74 now and has passed all of his B&O repairs to Franz-Josef Schulte as of March 2016

F.J. Schulte, Schnadweg 28, 33142 Büren, Telephone: +4929516025084 www.tonabnehmerservice.de

Franz-Josef's email address is : info@tonabnehmerservice.de

highly highly recommeded, he has worked his majic on a number of B&O MMCx carts for me over the years and these are much preferred over the new Soundsmith B&O SMMC alternatives coming out of Peter Ledermann's shop.
    Axel Schürholz now passed over all his activities to Franz-Josef Schulte not only the B&O section like before. They retipped my Yamaha MC-9 with excellent results. I will send it again if necessary.

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    These people look to provide an interesting service: cartridge fettling; new bodies; coil rewinding; cantilever replacement and stylus retipping
    http://calamightysound.com/cat/cartr...dge-retipping/
    Now re-named Ana Might Sound, and still highly recommended. Francois at Ana Mighty has particular experience with Miyajima cartridges, which means any Miyajima owner can keep their cartridge going pretty much indefinitely, at reasonable cost.

http://anamightysound.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/anamightysound/

I'm mickael.

I too can also recommend Ana Mighty Sound . I have had the chance of listening to some of their modifications like the Denon 103 based 103.two, 103.three, 103.four and EMT based Mighty TNT15 first hand at home on my system and I was totally sold to what I heard
    ʇɐɥʇ ɥʇᴉʍ ǝʌᴉl ʇ,uɐɔ 's,pƆ ʎɯ uo sǝpᴉs q ou

Main: Custom L75 "La Plancha", AudioCraft AC300, Ortofon MC3000 AnaMighty EAR 834P - PTP5 Schick 12" Cala 103.3 on HA1000 - pre AI Modulus 3A Audio Synthesis Passion - DAX2se - ARC VT60/Quad 909 - Virgo 2
    Office: L78 Mayware Formula IV Ortofon MC10 super - Kenwood KT1100 - Acoustic Masterpiece AM-201or A&R A60 - Rogers LS3/5a
    Workshop: Chromecast - Meridian 563 Dac - Audio Synthesis Passion - Quad 306 or 606ii - Spendor BC1

I'm Alasdair.

Default Goldring G900 stylus

I recently put my old Goldring G900SE which had been retipped many years with a 0.5 thou naked spherical stylus by Expert Stylus back into play. It still sounded very good, so I splashed out £93 on a new hyperelliptical stylus ('Tonar') from Mantra Audio. This is exceptionally good. In my Mayware MkV arm it tracks everything at 1.1g and in overall sound quality clearly beats my previous (very good) Denon DL103 with Esco sapphire cantilever and Paratrace stylus. If you have an old G900, this replacement stylus is well worth a shot.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by AlasdairB View Post
    I recently put my old Goldring G900SE which had been retipped many years with a 0.5 thou naked spherical stylus by Expert Stylus back into play. It still sounded very good, so I splashed out £93 on a new hyperelliptical stylus ('Tonar') from Mantra Audio. This is exceptionally good. In my Mayware MkV arm it tracks everything at 1.1g and in overall sound quality clearly beats my previous (very good) Denon DL103 with Esco sapphire cantilever and Paratrace stylus. If you have an old G900, this replacement stylus is well worth a shot.
    The Goldring always was a very good cartridge and a bit of a sleeper.
    Barry

I'm Angus.

Default Ortofon cartridge re-tip/repair

I can thoroughly recommend Kilian Bakker at http://holisticaudio.nl/services.html. He recently restored the suspension on my Ortofon Vienna and fitted an FGS stylus. The result retains all of the dynamics of the Ortofon Akzent series and adds detail retrieval on a par with the Windfeld.

I believe he used to work for Ortofon, and his services are up there with the best.

I'm Spartacus.

How much is a retip?
    Cheers, Jeff

I'm Angus.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duck View Post
    How much is a retip?
    Renewing the suspension and installing the FGS stylus cost 400 euros.

I'm Adam.

Angus can you delete your mail box please cheers
    Adam
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm John.

The following are a list of Cartridge Services that will offer a rebuild service.
    Holistic Audio has high recommendation on AoS.
    The others are services placed by members on another forum.

www.audiosilente.com
    www.cartridgelab.it
    www.holisticaudio.nl
    www.torlai.it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast