+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cartridge Repairs, Retipping and Replacement Styli Suppliers. A list!

I'm Deleted.

Yes, I have. The Garrott name was apparently bought out after their deaths, so it does look like a business still exists. VdH doesn't list any re-tip prices but the service is still listed so perhaps it is still offered.

100% Analogue
    Account Deleted

I'm Spartacus.

Very timely thread and sticky this, thanks Geoff. I've been looking for a sensibly priced retipping service for some time. At £300+ for a new stylus, it is often more economical to either exchange an old cart for a new one, or just sell it cheap and buy something else.

So 100 euro for a new elliptical stylus at schallplattennadeln is perfect to revive cheaper MCs. Even his fine line and Shibata are 30-40% cheaper than the equivalent in the UK. I’m sending off my Sumiko BPS and will report back!
    Cheers, Jeff

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duck View Post
    I’m sending off my Sumiko BPS and will report back!
    Yes. Definitely let us know how this turns out.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Yes, I have. The Garrott name was apparently bought out after their deaths, so it does look like a business still exists. VdH doesn't list any re-tip prices but the service is still listed so perhaps it is still offered.

100% Analogue
    I've just acquired an EMT XSD cartridge that has been re-tipped with a Van Den Hul stylus by EMT-Studiotechnik (Germany). So whilst Van den Hul may no longer offer this service, his stylii are made available to other parties.
    Barry

I'm Kevin.

There is also this place - http://www.pickupnaalden.com/english...le_needles.asp

I have not used them, but they seem to have a large stock.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Spartacus.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I've just acquired an EMT XSD cartridge that has been re-tipped with a Van Den Hul stylus by EMT-Studiotechnik (Germany). So whilst Van den Hul may no longer offer this service, his stylii are made available to other parties.
    My BPS was rebuilt by A.J. himself, new cantilever and stylus. That was in the mid-90s. I'm not sure he would still physically be able to do this himself anymore, even if this service was still offered. Anyone know if vdH (the company) still rebuilds carts? They list cartridge repair and retipping in their price list but no actual prices.
    Cheers, Jeff

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    This chap seems to have a good reputation for retipping and repair https://www.schallplattennadeln.de/REPARATUR-RETIPPING/
    yes Alex is the Daddy, but he is 74 now and has passed all of his B&O repairs to Franz-Josef Schulte as of March 2016

F.J. Schulte, Schnadweg 28, 33142 Büren, Telephone: +4929516025084 www.tonabnehmerservice.de

Franz-Josef's email address is : info@tonabnehmerservice.de

highly highly recommeded, he has worked his majic on a number of B&O MMCx carts for me over the years and these are much preferred over the new Soundsmith B&O SMMC alternatives coming out of Peter Ledermann's shop.
    Movies ~ oppo 105 ~ marantz SR8001 ~ tannoy precision ~ BK Monolith Sub
    Vinyl ~ beogram 8002 ~ graham slee accession phono pre
    Red Book ~ Teac PD-H600 ~ red wine audio signature 30.2 ~ akg k-1000 headphones

I'm David.

The Garrott business may still continue but the brothers are now deceased .. I was also led to believe that the brothers learned their trade working at Expert Stylus ..

I'm gordan.

that must be some other brothers
    Gordan.
    Speakers: Oris Swing MkII
    Amps: Thomas Mayer 300b/ Hiraga La Maison de L'Audiophile 20
    Preamp: Silver AVC by eng. Ferenc Lazar
    Phono Preamp: Shishido LCR by Solaja Audio
    Decks: Garrard 301 Martin Bastin reworked/plinthed with Fidelity Research FR64fx
    Garrard 401 in eng Ferenc Lazar solid wenge plinth with SME 3012/2
    Cartridges: SPU Spirit/ Koetsu Black revisited by eng. Salai/ Miyajima Shilabe
    Step Up Transformers: Tango MCT 999/ Ortofon T-5000/ Lumiere SUT
    Digital: Shigaclone by eng. Ferenc Lazar with Lampizator Amber II
    Wires: of sufficient length

I'm Martyn.

Expert Stylus have been superb over the years. I bought an Entre 1 in 1979 and it's still working perfectly.
    They have fitted many new styli and Wyndham Hodgson ever rebuilt/rewound a coil.
    WH said it is still one of his favourite cartridges.
    He 'phoned and told me after a re-tipping.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast