+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cartridge Repairs, Retipping and Replacement Styli Suppliers. A list!

I'm Hannes.

Quote Originally Posted by pcourtney View Post
    yes Alex is the Daddy, but he is 74 now and has passed all of his B&O repairs to Franz-Josef Schulte as of March 2016

F.J. Schulte, Schnadweg 28, 33142 Büren, Telephone: +4929516025084 www.tonabnehmerservice.de

Franz-Josef's email address is : info@tonabnehmerservice.de

highly highly recommeded, he has worked his majic on a number of B&O MMCx carts for me over the years and these are much preferred over the new Soundsmith B&O SMMC alternatives coming out of Peter Ledermann's shop.
    Axel Schürholz now passed over all his activities to Franz-Josef Schulte not only the B&O section like before. They retipped my Yamaha MC-9 with excellent results. I will send it again if necessary.

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    These people look to provide an interesting service: cartridge fettling; new bodies; coil rewinding; cantilever replacement and stylus retipping
    http://calamightysound.com/cat/cartr...dge-retipping/
    Now re-named Ana Might Sound, and still highly recommended. Francois at Ana Mighty has particular experience with Miyajima cartridges, which means any Miyajima owner can keep their cartridge going pretty much indefinitely, at reasonable cost.

http://anamightysound.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/anamightysound/

I'm michael.

I too can also recommend Ana Mighty Sound . I have had the chance of listening to some of their modifications like the Denon 103 based 103.two, 103.three, 103.four and EMT based Mighty TNT15 first hand at home on my system and I was totally sold to what I heard
    no B sides on my CD's, can't live with that

I'm Alasdair.

Default Goldring G900 stylus

I recently put my old Goldring G900SE which had been retipped many years with a 0.5 thou naked spherical stylus by Expert Stylus back into play. It still sounded very good, so I splashed out £93 on a new hyperelliptical stylus ('Tonar') from Mantra Audio. This is exceptionally good. In my Mayware MkV arm it tracks everything at 1.1g and in overall sound quality clearly beats my previous (very good) Denon DL103 with Esco sapphire cantilever and Paratrace stylus. If you have an old G900, this replacement stylus is well worth a shot.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by AlasdairB View Post
    I recently put my old Goldring G900SE which had been retipped many years with a 0.5 thou naked spherical stylus by Expert Stylus back into play. It still sounded very good, so I splashed out £93 on a new hyperelliptical stylus ('Tonar') from Mantra Audio. This is exceptionally good. In my Mayware MkV arm it tracks everything at 1.1g and in overall sound quality clearly beats my previous (very good) Denon DL103 with Esco sapphire cantilever and Paratrace stylus. If you have an old G900, this replacement stylus is well worth a shot.
    The Goldring always was a very good cartridge and a bit of a sleeper.
    Have you listened to this month's choice in the Album Club?

Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123