+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Media servers....

I'm Grant.

interesting .Think I saw that or something similar the other day. Could be an idea, and guess it could grow to a great program if developed ... The Foo upnp way is quite nice. worth a try as its easy and cheap. looks ok and works pretty well. Seems to send 3 different streams.. with me... a flac, a wav and another, all 16/44.8 redbook quality. Its another string to the rpi streaming bow. I did find that the battery supply I was using with chromecast sounded poor... very odd but thats the fact even though it is supposed to put out up to 3 amps. Using just the smps it is much better. So that battery is now just for charging etc. My other one with same capacity but a different make sounds very good. Sure someone will say its all foo lol
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Taz.

Could be a problem battery supply, that is odd, if it's the one that came with it you would expect to work correctly...
    I did a quick Google search and seems there are a few people who are in need for something similar to yourself and I'm surprised no real solution has been found, could be to do with Google's restrictions or want for you to use their Google music app.

I'm Paul.

I use the logitech media server. There is a plug in called streamcast that makes the Chromecast appear as another squeezebox, then you can use the free logitech app or ipeng on your phone/tablet to control it. Find the squeezebox forum and then search for streamcast - the instructions are pretty easy.

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by pgarrish View Post
    I use the logitech media server. There is a plug in called streamcast that makes the Chromecast appear as another squeezebox, then you can use the free logitech app or ipeng on your phone/tablet to control it. Find the squeezebox forum and then search for streamcast - the instructions are pretty easy.

Thanks Paul, followed your advice here and have just played my pc music through my CC audio, wanted to do that for a while but didn't think it was possible without some in-depth pc skills.

Cheers,

Phil.

(You might recall, we met last year at Geoff's).

I'm Grant.

good to hear.. Ive not tried it as of yet. all others failed my dumbo test bar foobar/bubble mix, so its the heads clear winner so far. Perhaps doesnt have the glitziest looks but its ok and very usable.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilofCas View Post
    Thanks Paul, followed your advice here and have just played my pc music through my CC audio, wanted to do that for a while but didn't think it was possible without some in-depth pc skills.

Cheers,

Phil.

(You might recall, we met last year at Geoff's).
    Glad it worked

Can't place you Phil but Geoff's do's are very open - I frequently don't know most of the people there
    SBT/Chromecast/TEAC T1 into TEAC D-T1 DAC or olde-worlde Rega Planar 2 controlled by Rotel RC850 into HH S500D or DACT Passive Pre into Mullard 5-20 monos. Then into Tannoy Cheviots and a Wharfdale sub. All connected by colourful cables.

I'm Phil.

Know what you mean, BIG place is Geoff's (or was, not sure if he's moved yet).

I'm Grant.

downloaded the server... cannot find the add on though... seems to be various different names given to it and i can find none of them...
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Found addon.. Wont install lol. Well, it is installed but wont load. I give up on it. Nice looking system as well but too complex for me i think.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Phil.

Hi Grant,

The plugin I used was Chromecast bridge, is this the one you installed?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast