+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RPI IQAudio DAC+ Re-Sampling

I'm Josie.

Default RPI IQAudio DAC+ Re-Sampling

Hi all.

Just wondering. Does anyone use 32Bit 384khz re-sampling with their pi/iqaudio dac+ ?

I've been looking around and it seems that there is a mismatch to what it can 'actually' do. That is it can resample up to 32Bit 384khz but it outputs 24Bit 192khz?

I've just been looking at the audio info regarding this whilst playing a track it seems to be correct. So, why is the higher options available to choose from? What's the point in re-sampling higher to then output lower?

Also, has anyone found that using the Pi3 to be any better whilst using re-sampling or do we generally set it the resampling to disabled or 16Bit 44.4khz?

Any more info would be great.

Thanks.

PS... Does anyone find that the DSP Programming options beneficial with certain rates?
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Grant.

Ive been using that setting Josie. I,m using an audiophonics board.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Josie.

Ah.. thanks, Grant. Interesting.

Could you check with your Audio information in Moode and paste it in? I'd like to see what it says in regards to output.

Thanks
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm Josie.

Ah... ok. I missed this in the info panel.

Architecture: Sigma/Delta Advanced Segment 24 bit 192 kHz

Makes sense in one way now. But the Pi does allow itself to use the 32bit 384KHZ option as it does do the extra processing so... (I'm probably answering my own question but I'll go along with it just in case any boffins know otherwise) is there a benefit of the higher option with this dac or is it just using heat?

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm Grant.

Will do next time its on.

Which wont be long lol
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Similar here

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Josie.

Thanks Grant.

Ah... it must be whatever the original input sample rate is... Makes sense. I'm now getting below. So basically the processor is working doubly hard as it's 24bit hardware hence a higher temp.

Audio information Input Processing
    Source: USB/Music Drive 1TB/Rock/Queen/Queen - A Kind of Magic/01 One Vision.flac
    Encoded at: 16 bit, 44.1 kHz, Stereo
    Decoded to: 16 bit, 44.1 kHz, Stereo
    Rate: 762 kbps
    DSP Operations
    Resampling: 32 bit, 384 kHz, Stereo (soxr very high)
    Chip options: FIR interpolation with de-emphasis, aVol=0 dB, aPbb=.8 dB
    Volume:
    Output Stream
    Format: 32 bit, 192 kHz, Stereo
    Rate: 12.288 mbps
    Audio Device
    Device: IQaudIO Pi-DAC+
    Chip: Burr Brown PCM5122
    Architecture: Sigma/Delta Advanced Segment 24 bit 192 kHz
    Interface: I2S

CPU: armv7l, 900 MHz, 16%, 45°

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm Josie.

So I'm guessing the Pi3 would find this process easier as there is a little stutter at the start of each track.

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

I'm Grant.

Default RPI IQAudio DAC+ Re-Sampling

So seeing as it only goes to 32/ 192, ive set mine to that.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Josie.

Same here, Grant. It makes sense to keep processing down.

Are you running a Pi3?

Just wondering if the higher output rate would become available due to the faster CPU?

Tannoyista.com
    Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast