+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spotify with Raspberry Pi

I'm Mike.

Airplay works fine both into moOde and Rune... And quite stable and well sounding too. If simplicity is the main task, thats the way to go.

Quite a few DACs will work too, but as Apple has issued some current draw restrictions in the later iOS it will be difficult ot say anything definently.
    My iPhone 6 will play nice (with the camera connection kit) with my HRT Headstreamer Mobile but not my XMOS-based Gustard U-12 DDC. Havent tried with the S.M.S.L M8 though.

I'm Mike.

And if you're going down the airplay route you'd be as well using a Chromecast Audio player direct to your amp instead of the Pi on airplay. I've have both and for the money the CCA is pretty good and can be bought for £20 right now. Mind you, you have the Pi already, do you have a DAC fitted to it yet?

If you do I would install MoOde to the card and just airplay direct to MoOde, works very well.
    Last edited by mikeyb; 07-09-2016 at 13:38.

I'm Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    And if you're going down the airplay route you'd be as well using a Chromecast Audio player direct to your amp instead of the Pi on airplay. I've have both and for the money the CCA is pretty good and can be bought for £20 right now. Mind you, you have the Pi already, do you have a DAC fitted to it yet?

If you do I would install MoOde to the card and just airplay direct to MoOde, works very well.
    Just an update.

I've been using a Chromecast for a few months with fantastic results!

I picked up an HRT Music Streamer 11+ at a great price on Ebay and had planned to use with my laptop. Unfortunately, my laptop has packed up and has gone off for repair, hence the Pi idea. This evening I found an Android OTG cable at the back of the cupboard. Plugged it all together and it works!

Currently using Spotify and Plex to listen to music on an external hard drive.

Job done!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12