+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone interested in a DIY valve line stage?

I'm AndyElectroNumpty.

If it's completely numpty proof I'd give it a shot

Never tried anything electrical beyond fitting a light bulb (this would please the missus!)

I'm James.

I would also be interested.
    Source: Heavily modified DDDAC using MacBook Pro.
    Amplification: Pre amp-Stereo Coffee pre amp on steroids.
    Power amp- Rather large Colin Wonfor Class A power Amp
    Speakers: Lampizator P17 Open Baffles
    Accessories: Klotz 500 DIY Interconnects & DIY speaker cable sounding better than anything commercial.
    All powered from a Mother Trucker BPS with a dedicated consumer unit with 10mm armoured radial back to the house tails after the meter.

I'm Duncan.

Last edited by tubehunter; 03-09-2016 at 18:54.

I'm paul.

When you've retrieved your teddy from the corner maybe you could give us some info
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    When you've retrieved your teddy from the corner maybe you could give us some info
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Greg.

One more to the list
    Reincarnation...........no not again

I'm Jez.

I'll post a brief circuit diagram for perusal shortly

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Justin.

Did you ever make it?

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Did you ever make it?
    I guided my pal through building one yes and made measurements on this example. It was at least 20 years ago.... Tempus fuckit etc...
    It sounded good and AFAIK is probably still in use!
    I made detailed notes at the time With hindsight and the passage of 20+ years + the fact that this is intended as a really simple project, I have made some amendments and simplifications intended to both improve performance further and ease construction. These changes have not been tried in practise but will work just fine. My CAD model for the ECC88 valve used is pretty accurate and so the computer simulation can be trusted to be very close to real life in this case.

I guess I'll knock up a working sample to have a listen to and double check the measured results etc. It will make things easier in helping others to make one... What have I gotten myself into

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    What have I gotten myself into
    Get away......you're lovin' all the attention
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast