+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EE Lightning F1a

I'm Shaun.

Default EE Lightning F1a

ENGLISH ELECTRIC F1a LIGHTNING
    THORPE CAMP
    LINCOLNSHIRE
    31st AUGUST 2016

I don't know what it is about the style of this aircraft but it is just so bloody aggressive
    I remember watching these as a youth at RAF Binbrook during the seventies and eighties
    That reheat...! That noise...!!
    Nottingham Analogue Interspace deck - Funk Firm Achromat - Origin Live Onyx tonearm - Denon DL103
    Marantz CD6005 into an Audiolab M-DAC latest Lake West firmware

Prima Luna Prologue 3 preamplifier - Rothwell MC Headamp
    Prima Luna Dialogue Premium power amp EL34

B&W CM8 S2 loudspeakers

Van Den Hul Teatrack biwired loudspeaker cables
    Atlas Hyper MkII interconnects
    QED Reference Audio 40 on phono stages

I'm Grant.

Best plane ever..... I know, dont call it a plane! Its an aeroplane Name that film?
    Regards,
    Grant ....
    Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind.
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.5- TONBRUX BATTERY SUPPLY & CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no1 - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - DENON DV2900 & HEAVILY MODDED MF X10v3. - PIONEER SA8100 AMPLIFIER. - WIN10 JRIVER22, SPOTIFY PREMIUM- AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 HEADPHONES, KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no2 POWERED BY ANKER BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - CARTS.. AT95S, SHURE M55E, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PUREAV.

I'm martin.

I remember standing at the side of the runway at Leuchars when a flight took off loads of years ago, man was that an experience, truly great aircraft.
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by archiesdad View Post
    I remember standing at the side of the runway at Leuchars when a flight took off loads of years ago, man was that an experience, truly great aircraft.
    I was there too. Watching a visiting Lightning showing off. It came across the airfield supersonic at about 300 feet directly above us. We were at the side of the runway. It was weird watching it approaching without a sound until it reached us. The shockwave was something else! It brought down celings in adjacent houses. As the plane reached us, the pilot pulled up into a vertical climb with afterburners on and went straight up into the clouds at a ridiculous rate.

This was a heck of a long time ago, as you can tell from the fact the Lightnings were not in service there. They had Gloster Javelins at the time. I remember them being started with a crank handle, to get the impellers spinning.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

+ Reply to Thread