+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advice needing: Ampli x Rogers LS3/5A 15ohm

I'm Alex.

Default Advice needing: Ampli x Rogers LS3/5A 15ohm

Hello,

just a question for more experts than me:

- can you please advice a SOLID STATE INTEGRATED AMPLI that can drive well a pair of Rogers LS3/5A 15ohm ?

- price range : UKP 150-400

I am tired of tubes issues and I'm selling everything tube related.

Want to switch to SS integrated. No pre. Just 1 machine with a very good Phono stage.

Some told me about Cyrus One...Creek...Onyx...NAD....Nait 2....etc... but I would like to know also which Power & Impedence the SS integrated ampli must have to match greatly with Rogers 15ohm..etc..

Any suggestion ?

Thanks in advance.

I'm Geoff.

That's a bit of a tough call for £400 or less.

The 15 ohm load should present no problems to any modern amp. The speakers are quite revealing of amplifier character and of the names you mention, I'd suggest looking at Creek amplifiers. They sound clean, without harshness. You probably should be aiming at around 50 watts as a minimum power output, not so much that the LS3/5a has huge power handling, it doesn't, but it responds well to the grip of decently powered amplification.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

A bit 'left field', but why not try an Electrocompaniet "The Two Channel Audio Amplifier". 25W/channel.
    Barry

I'm Charlie.

An old Rogers A75 or Sugden A48. Lentek Integrated, if you can find one at that price.

+ Reply to Thread