+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Best 40-43" TV?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chronicals View Post
    Must be Sony week, my 65" Sony comes tomorrow

http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/te.../x8500c-series
    Trust me, Michael, you're in for a treat - it will be utterly stunning!! The model you're buying was on display in the Sony shop, when we bought ours. Prepare to bring the Odeon to your living room., minus the farting and popcorn rustling...

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    That is one hell of a telly for just over a bag of sand. It wasn't that long ago that a 60 inch plasma was five grand. Sorely tempted myself. Need my old one to pack in but is also a Sony so will probably outlive me.
    Aint it just. It was £2600 when it came out this time last year...Most places have it currently at around £1500, RGB have them at £1300, I paid a grand, brand new with some wireless sony headphones and included delivery. Bargain of the year considering I got sold my Panasonic for not far off that...I like cheap upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Trust me, Michael, you're in for a treat - it will be utterly stunning!! The model you're buying was on display in the Sony shop, when we bought ours. Prepare to bring the Odeon to your living room., minus the farting and popcorn rustling...

Marco.
    Awesome I havent seen the picture quality yet, bought it blind, was hoping it was going to be epic - and you've confirmed that it may just be

Hi Taz,

Quote Originally Posted by TazSob View Post
    I'm using a Yamaha Rx v675 with only 2 floorstanders, the unit is bi-amped and you can use it as a 7.2, 5.1 or even 2.1...there are so many options with these AV receivers. There is a Yamaha AV remote app you can download and it will allow you to control the unit from anywhere you have WiFi, for the 2nd room option this is very handy and I use it as my main remote for my receiver..
    http://usa.yamaha.com/products/apps/av_controller/
    Thanks for the info. Yup, lots of options to consider. I'll be keeping it simple for the moment, but at some point in future the temptation of going 'all 7.2' may prove too much!

The good thing is that the room is quite small and the shape lends itself to doing something effective along those lines.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Awesome I havent seen the picture quality yet, bought it blind, was hoping it was going to be epic - and you've confirmed that it may just be
    "Epic" is how I would imagine a 65" version of ours... Certainly in the shop, it looked epic! They made a feature of the TV, by creating a living room setting, with some sofas, etc, in front of it. It was certainly an 'immersive' viewing experience: rather like 'peering into a crystalline pool of life', than looking at a TV screen, is how I'd put it.

That's certainly what I'm getting here with its little brother. Enjoy!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Taz.

Hi Taz,

Thanks for the info. Yup, lots of options to consider. I'll be keeping it simple for the moment, but at some point in future the temptation of going 'all 7.2' may prove too much!

The good thing is that the room is quite small and the shape lends itself to doing something effective along those lines.

Marco.
    On my receiver I'm only using it as a 2 speaker set up and will like you give in to the temptation, got an extremely fussy neighbour who loves grassing on me even though I don't play loud music or movies, the comment earlier about a centre speaker matching the left and right speaker was bang on.
    What I am thinking of my next step is adding some presence speakers, these will help lift the dialogue higher if the telly isn't level with the speakers, pretty impressive and the av amp has settings for this too

I'm Mark.

Aint it just. It was £2600 when it came out this time last year...Most places have it currently at around £1500, RGB have them at £1300, I paid a grand, brand new with some wireless sony headphones and included delivery. Bargain of the year considering I got sold my Panasonic for not far off that...I like cheap upgrades
    That is amazing for a grand !

Our old 50" Fujitsu plasma that was the dogs bollocks when new still works perfectly and keeps the room warm with all its wasted power consumption and cooling fans blowing the warm air out and provides a great picture, when it dies something like this will replace it and use less electricity

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Grant View Post
    That is amazing for a grand !

Our old 50" Fujitsu plasma that was the dogs bollocks when new still works perfectly and keeps the room warm with all its wasted power consumption and cooling fans blowing the warm air out and provides a great picture, when it dies something like this will replace it and use less electricity
    Thankfully because you had no phono cable connectors, that was an £80 contribution to the fund

I dont normally replace things till they break, but I got a silly offer for my Panny tv so it would of been silly not too!

I don't think you'll be disappointed. So when is the beast arriving?

Marco.
    Main System

I don't think you'll be disappointed. So when is the beast arriving?

Marco.
    Well im sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting....still thinking the company may of backed realising they did it far too cheap

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast