Guys,

We need a new TV, which we'd like to wall-mount in our lounge, and the space we have available will fit, at the max, a 43" TV.

Now, I know next to nothing about these things, as I've long lost touch with current technology in the TV/AV arena. So, essentially what's the difference between LED and Plasma, and which is considered the 'best' (although I know that's subjective)?

Whilst some 'gadgetry' would be useful, linking up with Smart phones, etc, which I also intend to get into shortly, the 'holy grail' with TVs, for me, is picture quality. So, whilst useful modern facilities would be good, I'd sacrifice some of those for the TV that delivered the most bright/pin-sharp images. That is the priority.

We're looking to install Sky Q, so would be getting a new main Sky box, etc, and looking to take advantage of the maximum resolution that's available these days from broadcasts, primarily for watching live sport, music channels and movies.

We were looking at something like this: http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-...43740-pdt.html

From my limited knowledge and research so far, the Panasonic Viera range seems to be highly regarded in terms of its picture quality, although others say Samsung is where it's at now.

So what say you all?

Marco.