Hi Michael,

Quote Originally Posted by The Chronicals View Post
OLED tvs are where the pixels themselves are producing the light, therefore no 'backlight' is needed as found in LED tv's. OLED isn't perfect yet, and one could argue a high end top of the range LED would be better than mid range OLED.
Cheers, for that. I've doing a bit of research and gather what you've said is the case. The problem for me is size, and also like others, I'm a firm believer in not buying into brand-new technology, as a) it's usually too expensive, and b) can be riddled with 'bugs', until that gets sorted out, therefore it looks like OLED is out of the equation.

I also agree with your latter statement. Like everything else, choosing a TV involves settling on some form of compromise, so it looks like mine will be 'the best 40 inches I can get', as it were!

4K is not needed and virtually impossible to be utilising on the resolutions available on a 40" TV, which is unfortunate as 4K is breath taking, when I got my first 4K 55", and still a relatively budget Panasonic model I was blown away by the 4K picture - but then again none-HD resolution suffers, but if you have Sky you should be ok.
Another useful point, ta.

Bare in mind though, the more you spend the bezels get slimmer, so you could actually end up with a bigger screen but the same size footprint...
True, but I'm measuring the space I have purely for screen size, not cabinet size, although these days that amounts to next to nothing, so in that respect, 43", plus whatever on top for the 'housing' is all that's going to go on there.

We were also looking at some B&O stuff, but the prices are rather 'interesting', and also the available screen sizes seem to be too big. But if anyone can point me in the direction of a 40-43" B&O LED TV, then please do

Marco.