+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A rather special head amp pcb

I'm Alan.

Foreign pcb in the 2000? You will have to explain that one James, I also assemble that one myself.

@Mark, let's see how this one performs first

I'm James.

O very sorry Alan I didn't realise you built that part too!

I must apologise.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Mark.

Thanks Alan, any ideas on how long before you have tested the head amp?
    I am looking at SUT or an alternate arrangement such as a high quality head amp to try into my current phono pre amps and this may be an option.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Alan won't be testing it as it's on it's way to me. I can let you know how it sounds once I've fitted it. The one he built me with Takman metal resistors does compare well to my tweaked Denon HA 1000 however.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Alan won't be testing it as it's on it's way to me. I can let you know how it sounds once I've fitted it. The one he built me with Takman metal resistors does compare well to my tweaked Denon HA 1000 however.
    Thanks, I would be interested to hear your views.
    Regards
    Mark
    Last edited by Jerseymark; 28-08-2016 at 22:33.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

No probs, will let you know.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Well have just fitted this and plumbed it in to the system. Very early days, but sounds very smooth but with no loss of detail. A slight "zing" that I seem to hear from metal film resistors is now absent. Will give it some time before forming a proper impression. Good so far though!

Hunter S Thompson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12