+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ditton 25 Rubber Surrounds

I'm Martin.

Default Ditton 25 Rubber Surrounds

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can source 2 rubber speaker surrounds for my Ditton 25 bass drivers?

Many thanks, Martin

I'm Geoff.

I don't recall seeing replacement rubber cone surrounds being offered for that bass driver. It's unusual for them to fail.

There are 'universal' 12" items available, but you have to be very careful that they match the cone edge profile and dimensions and that the outer width will fit the speaker chassis properly.

It's probably not much dearer to look for a good pair of replacement drive units. The Ditton 44, 25 and 66 drivers are interchangeable and do come up for sale on eBay.

Wembley Loudspeakers may be able to help you, but it's not likely to be particularly cheap.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Just a thought. You could try asking here by putting a 'wanted' ad in the Private Exhibitions section. I would not be at all surprised if we have a member with a spare pair of the right drive units tucked away .
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Thank you I will do that. Also need a Royd driver for a Rega Ela Mk1 so will do the same there. Many thanks, Martin

+ Reply to Thread