+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much Vintage gear have you got in your system?

I'm Grant.

Not sure if i contributed but my tt may be vintage as its sbout 1979/80 i think.... The drivers in my speakers are late 50's or early 60's. Otherwise its all relatively new..next oldest would be cd (well dvd)player from 90's...probably late
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Peter.

Barry wins

I lose (see sig below) ... OTOH, I am probably classed as 'vintage British' now

I'm joe.

Mostly new-ish here, apart from an AR turntable and Mordant-Short MS20 speakers, neither of which gets much use these days. In term of Japanese vintage stuff, I've got an Akai reel-to-reel, but it's knackered.

I'm Loz.

The Arcam Delta 60 is 1988ish and the Thorens TD160 is 1972/73ish. Everything else is modern or very modern. I like a mixture me.

I'm Robert.

Classic often gets referred to as Vintage and visa versa.

I have Mission 752 Freedom floorstanders,
    circa mid '90's which are known as classic British speakers and I'd have to agree - not quite vintage as in very old.

Pioneer PD 91 cdp - 1987-90 so again maybe more 'classic' than vintage in my opinion some may think otherwise.

Sansui AU 919 Integrated Amplifier, 1978/79 - defo both vintage and classic in my view

I'm Martin.

So to be classic it has to be some sort of icon or just timelessly good? Seems reasonable. Anything old is vintage, crap or not. But then a Dansette could surely be reasonably described as both vintage and a classic even though it is a bit rubbish? It's a tough one.

Incidentally the official AoS definition is pre 1990 for vintage, older than 1990 it is supposed to be discussed in the 'Past Masters' section.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dean.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    So to be classic it has to be some sort of icon or just timelessly good? Seems reasonable. Anything old is vintage, crap or not. But then a Dansette could surely be reasonably described as both vintage and a classic even though it is a bit rubbish? It's a tough one.

Incidentally the official AoS definition is pre 1990 for vintage, older than 1990 it is supposed to be discussed in the 'Past Masters' section.
    Well with this in mind, I'll add my Preco F500 Reel to Reel to my vintage gear owned- well two of them actually (ex BBC)
    My System:
    Cessaro Chopin Speakers.
    TLA/Ypsilon Axis 845 Monoblock Amplifiers with a Psvane WE845, Psvane EL34PH, NOS Mullard ECC81 & 4x GZ34 Rectifiers each amp.
    Dalby D7-LP Prototype Preamp.
    VYGER Atlantis IV Generation Turntable.
    Audio Note DAC5 Signature.
    Elemental Audio Equipment Stand. Symposium Rollerblocks.
    Russ Andrews Powerkords. ISOL-8 PowerLine Mains Blocks.

I'm Andrew.

Id say anything before 1980 has to be vintage.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Dean.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Id say anything before 1980 has to be vintage.
    Can't we agree on early eighties... then my Preco's still classed as vintage lol
    My System:
    Cessaro Chopin Speakers.
    TLA/Ypsilon Axis 845 Monoblock Amplifiers with a Psvane WE845, Psvane EL34PH, NOS Mullard ECC81 & 4x GZ34 Rectifiers each amp.
    Dalby D7-LP Prototype Preamp.
    VYGER Atlantis IV Generation Turntable.
    Audio Note DAC5 Signature.
    Elemental Audio Equipment Stand. Symposium Rollerblocks.
    Russ Andrews Powerkords. ISOL-8 PowerLine Mains Blocks.

I'm Grant.

Online auctioneers Ruby Lane say anything over 20 years for vintage ... we went for 25 i think
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast