+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The daftee-boy's birthday trip to the Lake District: 14th August 2016

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Was it, lol? It's in use every day and sitting beside me now

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Al View Post
    Marco , Did you take the Bra Bus over Hard Not Pass ?
    Europe's steepest road I traveled it in both directions last year , it was very interesting and the views were awesome
    Vale street in Totterdown, Bristol has a 35% gradient, making a mockery of the Hardknott pass at a mere 33%.

The steepest street in Britain.
    Last edited by CageyH; 19-08-2016 at 14:10.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

Yes, but how wide and twisty is the road?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Kevin.

Not very compared to Hardknott pass, which apparently you wussed out of doing it in a proper car....
    I have been up it in the "7", and it was great fun.
    Kevin

Lol.....It's not me I'm worried about, but the tossers I'm sharing the road with who don't know how to drive [whom we met more than a few of that day, coming the other way]!

Better that they hit the old man's Honda, than my car, as it'll be a damn sight cheaper to fix.... Close the road off to traffic, and I'd gladly take the Brabster up there and 'do it right'!!

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    At least they'll never be flooded!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Kevin.

I like the token drain at the bottom.
    It's not like it is going to make any difference!

I still need to get across to Stelvio one day.
    Kevin

Stelvio? Wossat, den?

Marco.
    Main System

Ah, just Googled it...

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourc...stelvio%20pass

Not heard of or been on that one

Marco.
    Main System

We normally do this one:

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast