+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The daftee-boy's birthday trip to the Lake District: 14th August 2016

I'm James.

Not sure how long you are up there Marco but if you get a chance drive up to Buttermere and take a walk round the lake, takes about 1.5 hours. It is probably the most beautiful lake in the lake district and quiet remote.
    VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T Tonearm / 2M Black /Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Spendor SP2

I'm Geoff.

Very nice Marco. I've just got back from somewhere as scenic. Makes a great change from being in town.

I passed through Wiltshire today and was reminded how pretty it is. Picture postcard English countryside.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hehehehe.... In parts, yes, but honestly Adam, there were other parts of the road where, when you met on-coming traffic, even at the widest part of the road in the appointed 'Passing Places', you could hardly get a lolly-pop stick between both cars when you were side by side!!

Marco.
    Sounds familiar. I had to reverse up a tiny Cornish lane for nearly a quarter of a mile yesterday to let a tractor and trailer get past.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Not sure how long you are up there Marco but if you get a chance drive up to Buttermere and take a walk round the lake, takes about 1.5 hours. It is probably the most beautiful lake in the lake district and quiet remote.
    Yes indeed, we'd planned to go there too, but ran out of time.

I'd also like to tour around Ulverston and Barrow-in-Furness, then up north around Swinside, Derwentwater and Rosthwaite, just outside of Keswick

Have you been around there?

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Very nice Marco. I've just got back from somewhere as scenic. Makes a great change from being in town.

I passed through Wiltshire today and was reminded how pretty it is. Picture postcard English countryside.
    Cheers, Geoff. I'm really not a town or city person, so love getting out into the country, miles away from any noise and hustle and bustle, where you can breathe in totally fresh air! I can get most of that just outside of Wrexham, in the likes of the Berwyn hills, or Glyn Ceiriog, but not with such nice mountains.

Snowdonia is comparable, and has higher mountains, but there's a quaintness and picture-postcard element, and attractiveness to the The Lakes, which takes things to a different level

I've been around Wiltshire before, and it is lovely, if a little busy sometimes, traffic wise, compared with up north. However, I usually find that's the case.

Marco.

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Grant.

some nice pics there.
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

Cheers, dude. Did you like the 'Saltcoats' shot? That one was for Snapper!

Marco.

I'm Grant.

So, what your saying is you stayed in a caravan in Salcoats and snatched the photos from the web
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

Drats - foiled again....

Marco.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yes indeed, we'd planned to go there too, but ran out of time.

I'd also like to tour around Ulverston and Barrow-in-Furness, then up north around Swinside, Derwentwater and Rosthwaite, just outside of Keswick

Have you been around there?

Marco.
    Yes very nice up that way especially Derwent water and particularly like Keswick -we are up there at least once a year and do a walk up to Castlerigg which is a neolithic stone circle, bit like a mini stone henge but completely surrounded by mountains - stunning place.
    VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T Tonearm / 2M Black /Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Spendor SP2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast