+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Overlenght cables

I'm gerald.

I have been down the cat 5 route even made a set of TNT triple t cables but I am just stunned with how these cable sound they just suite my low end set up perfectly.I have played five different genre lps from speed metal to acoustic music and every album sounded better to my ears don`t know how don`t why but they just work with my system it is the first time ever I have had a night and day experience I was allway`s sceptical regarding cables but I am one happy person today.

danilo Guest

Great news! Always a happy day when it comes together.. unexpectedly.
    For future consideration.. If I might?
    Superceed the Arcams.
    I've had (still have as I don't know What to do with the unsaleable contraptions) a pair of D290's; inty and it's matching power gizmo.
    Clearly I took the Brochure Babble bait.
    Massively outperformed by an inexpensive (150$) Lm3886 chip amp.. designed/built in the US though .
    Night 'n day difference..better Bass, clearer Mids and far better/extended highs.. differences Shocked me actually... and from a ~10$ chip based Amp !?
    Last time I gave ANY further credence to the hacks at Stereopile... who praised the Arcam above all others.

I'm Martin.

Arcam maybe a bit smooth with some speakers, a good match with Monitor Audio & similar types though. Or was, I'm a bit dated now.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

danilo Guest

Awww C'mon Smooth ?? Listening thru Radio Shack speakers??
    Effing Muddy everywhere is MY direct experience.
    Farty Bass, sketchy Mids and low/no resolution Highs.. what there were of them.
    Consequently there were NO spatial cues resulting in NO soundstage.. period.
    Back to the 'factory' 3 times for repair of this inadequacy.. a fruitless exercise... " It's in perfect condition Sir ".

Lm 3886 gizmo replacement gave a decent soundstage .. far deeper cleaner Bass, Lovely mids/voices and crystaline highs.. by direct comparison to the Arcams.

Firstwatt amp subsequently filled my listening room with a walk through/in it 'Soundstage'... I won't be looking for a better Amp... in my lifetime.
    PLUS it was Less $$ than the Arcam Junk.

Pissed ? you bet, I abhor imposter crap.... grrr.
    Even more so .. after having naively paid Large for it.
    IMO crap product should be Identified and Shamed... not apologised for.

I feel better now.. thanks

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    For best results cable runs should follow Ley Lines.
    In this modern day and age, there is absolutely no reason to worry about Ley lines. Pinning up one corner of a curtain completely negates the adverse effects of laying cables across Ley lines...

I'm gerald.

Can't understand the Arcam bashing I was asking advice on speaker cable layout

I'm Gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    For best results cable runs should follow Ley Lines.
    The OP asked a serious question, if you're not prepared to give a serious answer, there is no need to take the piss. I feel sorry for people who think they know it all Jez, they can never experience the wonder of a new experience or discovery that contradicts their narrow world view.

I'm Grant.

Default Overlenght cables

Quote Originally Posted by diviy View Post
    Can't understand the Arcam bashing I was asking advice on speaker cable layout
    I like arcam too. Used to have one of their fmj amps. Twas good
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gerald.

Cheers grant for the total sum of £355 I got a amp and two power amps considering I have not worked since 2010 and unable to work I am very budget orientated.
    The only new item`s in my system is the cartridge and the bannana plugs and phono plugs and leads I know it a low budget system but it`s my system I scrimped and saved for every part of it not one item on credit this makes me appreciate it even more .
    From earning 25k plus a year makes you re-evaluate life and money but I am lucky to have a wonderfull wife who is a nurse and we also got two daughters who we got through uni and at last both have now got good jobs.
    I know people take the pxxs but I don`t really care I got a vw camper that was paid for in cash where other camper van owners have the best of the best for there van`s but they are credit card vans .
    I know I have not been on here for a year but something seems to have changed with the ethos of the sight just my opinion but it is nice to see the main core have kept to there ethos and long may it continue .

rant,moan and observations done

Gerry

I'm Grant.

In similar boat to you Gerry. I,m very budget orientated myself, but if your careful to align the different bits right, then the sound can be as good as spending loads of cash mate ... enjoy the tunes, and dont worry about the odd remark; it wasnt personal I'm sure.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12