+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who buys Vinyl?

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    “Someone came in recently and said: ‘I don’t have a record player, but I want to buy a Radiohead record so we can put it on our shelf,’” he says.

This is sad for three reasons:

1) buying records without owning a record player
    2) declaring shared ownership in a shelf
    3) Radiohead

So tragic in fact, that if Tchaikovsky were still alive he would be moved to pen a symphony about it. Which would be released on vinyl and no doubt sit unused on 'our shelf'.

This article might have been thought through a bit better. I mean I know it is the Grauniad and all, but why not go around the shops on a Saturday when most people are not at work and get an idea of the the true demographic?
    Harsh......but probably true, except the bit about Radiohead. My son has just returned from New York where he went for the sole reason of seeing said group's gig at Madison Sq Gardens. Now that's sad.
    SOURCE:OPPO UDP-205 BluRay, SkyQ, Technics SL1210M5G/HexMat Eclipse/MN Bearing/Origin Live Gravity One puck/Isonoes with Boots/Jelco TK-850S Tonearm/Hana Umami Blue, PS Audio Stellar Phonostage. I also have an AT-OC9XSH as a spare cartridge.
    AMPLIFIER: Bryston BR-20 Pre/DAC/Streamer & Bryston 4B3 Power Amplifier
    SPEAKERS: Spendor D7 on Iso-Acoustics Gaia III’s
    HEADPHONES: OPPO PM-1 with Atlas Zeno cable, B&W Pi7 S2 and B&W C5 v2.
    CABLES: Analogue: Speaker Atlas Mavros Grun. Interconnect - Atlas Mavros XLR x3, MCRU Silver Tonearm cable
    Digital:Audioquest Carbon Ethernet x 4, Audioquest Carbon digital, English Electric 8Switch, Chord Optichord, Atlas Optical.
    Mains: PS Audio Perfectwave AC-05 x 5, Isol-8 Powerline Extreme with Quantum Science yellow fuse on input cable, Sounds Fantastic 6way Mains Blocks.
    STORAGE: Synology DS216J NAS with 2 x 3Tb WD Red hard-drives. Samsung 500Gb SSD.
    TV LG55B7 OLED

I'm Martin.

In truth I am agnostic with regards to Radiohead. But please pass my condolences on to your son.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

I do.

I'm Rich.

I buy vinyl as well as other formats.

I admit to being a bit of a Radiohead fanboy, ignored them for years then got a chance to see them live. Wow. I was hooked after that. Time will show them to be one of the most important British acts i think. Radiohead are one of those acts who at the height of their success took the path of doing what they wanted to do rather than the commercial route. That gives them huge credibility amongst their fanbase, although we're often divided over their output, and amongst critics. Nobody can doubt their integrity.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

danilo Guest

remember when the "voyager" space probe was launched ? It included a Gold LP sampling of earth's Muzak.
    Curious inclusion at the time, now Laughable, a few decades later.

I'm Neil.

I never got rid of my vinyl record collection and have added to it over the years. I do buy current vinyl releases but I am selective with what I buy - most recent purchass the Peter Gabriel 45 rpm re-releases. I do still buy CDs though and SACDs when I find them.
    Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by danilo View Post
    remember when the "voyager" space probe was launched ? It included a Gold LP sampling of earth's Muzak.
    Curious inclusion at the time, now Laughable, a few decades later.
    Indeed . Aliens will almost certainly be digital only. They are way to busy with their anal probing program to be bothered with all the faff of vinyl.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Indeed . Aliens will almost certainly be digital only. They are way to busy with their anal probing program to be bothered with all the faff of vinyl.
    They dont do that now. Theres only so much information you can get from a fart
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Well then I for one welcome our new vinyl-buying alien overlords.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

yes they went digital due to weight restrictions.

I kept a good amount of my collection, but did sell a lot of prog, that on reflection was a financial error, as its all worth at lot, or would have been to me doh!
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast