+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: End game or just another stop on the way?

I'm Martin.

Yes it does. Have you got any pics of your vintage radio collection?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Brook.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Yes it does. Have you got any pics of your vintage radio collection?
    I don't at the moment, most of my stuff is still in boxes after our move, but I will post some when they are back on display.

I'm Kjell.

That setup looks like serious business
    Sony TA-F830ES - Sony CDP-X707ES - Technics SL-1210MK2 w.Ortofon 2M Black - ASR Mini Basis MKIII - Hegel HD11 - JBL 4319 - Blue Jeans Cable - Project Ground-it Deluxe

I'm Brook.

Quote Originally Posted by Mala View Post
    That setup looks like serious business

Thanks Kjell, I was going for the sound AND style combination!
    Last edited by speedracer; 20-08-2016 at 08:26. Reason: fat fingers

I'm Brook.

Well, despite me saying at the start of this thread I wouldn't be changing anything in the foreseeable future, I have recently changed my entire vinyl front end, so now I have a Inspire Eclipse SE V2 turntable with a Heed speed controller, a Consonance Opera unipivot 12 inch tonearm, & a Benz Micro Wood SL MC cart.

Early impressions are wow!

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm Grant.

Nice tt..... see you have same Belkin as I have.. good filters
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Brook.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Nice tt..... see you have same Belkin as I have.. good filters

Indeed I do Grant well spotted, but I have moved things around a bit & am struggling to find a space for it now!

I'm Grant.

I find mine does help audibly so need to keep it. Ive a regenerator in front of the line. Alas you would need it to be accessible for the switch, but they do make excellent distrobution points too, and in your case it fits in very well decor wise... best ive seen actually... its a vert attractive set up
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Brook.

Well, time moves on and things change as they always seem to do, and so yet again I have had a change around. I have never been far away from achieving my ideal sound, but as I am sure many of you will know, making one small change leads to some major ones, and so it has proved again for me.
    I was loving my Inspire Eclipse TT and really wanted to keep it, but I had a new passion for old mono Jazz LP's and a growing pile of them to prove it, and I was getting tired of forever having to change cartridges to listen to them. I did toy with the idea of adding another arm to the Inspire, but to my eye it wouldn't have looked good and I was loathe to spoil what is to my eye one of the best looking decks out there, so it meant I have to decide on a second deck to fulfill mono duties. Unfortunately this meant selling the Inspire to raise funds, so I actually had to decide what two decks to choose rather than one.
    I had always hankered after an old Lenco deck of some description, so I decided the time was right to use one for my mono records. I had a look around and did a lot of reading, joined Lenco Heaven of course which led me to talk to two knowledgeable guys on there who helped me enormously, so I settled on a GL75 with certain upgrades, a new plinth and a new arm, made and built by Brian from Lenco Heaven. The results were better than I dared hope, and for what is not a lot of money I had a deck that looked right and sounded right. It is no slouch with a stereo cart strapped to it either by the way.
    Now to decide on the stereo deck, and having heard my pal Non-Smoking Man Jacks Cranfield Rock I decided one would fit the bill, although I couldn't find a Cranfield quickly so decided on a Townshend Rock Elite, with a view to some modifications along the way. I sold on the Rega RB300 arm that came with it as I was aiming a little higher than that, and replaced it with a little know arm made by a guy i found while doing some reading and learning. It was on sale or return too so I had nothing to lose and gave it a try. Early indications are it is quite a bit better than the Rega, but the TT had already been sent away for modification so I have to wait to hear it in all its glory. It is now ready for collection, so I can't wait to hear it and I will post details in another post once it has bedded in.
    I forgot to mention earlier that I had already changed my amplification, a Art Audio Quintet power amp with a lot of modification, and a Art Audio Vinyl One Reference phono preamp, again modified, with an extra line in added so I could connect the Moon Harbor CD player that has also been sneaked into the system, along with a DIY pair of transmission line speakers, based on PMC GB1s but with superior electronics & Sea's drivers and tweeters. I am happy with these but have something standing in the wings should I need them!
    So now I am back up to date, have I reached the end finally? I doubt it, I have discovered I quite like tinkering, it is part of the fun for me, although I am very happy for now.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

I'm Paul.

Very art deco !

One question : did you wallpaper over the air vent at the top of the wall behind the speakers ??
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast