+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Volumio 2

I'm Grant.

Default Volumio 2

Day 2... Switch on and all tabs an titles have common written in front of say the browser tab or play tab etc... Half my music is not showing. Obviously not by any means the finished article. Add to the fact mine broke lasr time very quickly it looks like this is corrupting again.
    Have to say i quite liked the interface, although picture backgrounds have also now disappeared and i just have the grey button left, so in now cannot be changed.. It also sounds pretty good, although no sampling changes are allowed.

All in would say, not in Moodes class overall, although if they can sort out the obvious problems it could be a winner. Currently its just a weiner

Compare this pic and writing to earlier ones
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm rupert.

same experience here... common.tab's suddenly and not indexing all music. I also had to install it twice to get the interface working ... it's running on my elderly backup Pi. I still think Moode is much more stable. Still feels a bit "beta".. but promising.

I'm Bernie.

I can't get mine to display the album art on my files. All I get is a collage of multiple album covers displaying. Other problems are when moving through a playlist using my tablet it keeps highlighting songs and moving them around in the list instead of just letting me scroll through them. Playlists are in a different format to Volumio 1.5 and Modde so existing lists don't work with Volumio 2. It has a long way to go in my opinion.
    Bernie.

I'm Simon.

Haven't tried the new version yet but have been very happy with the version I have (not sure which but it's the one before 2). No crashing or any issues at all. Powers off properly too so haven't had any SD card corruption or anything like that.

I'm Grant.

Well my trial is over. Moode reinstalled. I had tracks within albums in wrong order etc as well. Album art was there on ones i tried.
    Certainly no real competition to moode as is, and if it has taken them this long to get to wherethis is, i am not holding my breath for a fixed version
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Stephen.

This player has been advancing and is now out of beta with version 2.001 available to download.

Unfortunately I cannot get it to connect to my NFS server. Everything else appears to be working.

I get distorted sound over Airplay with Moode, same with Rune so its back to Volumio 1.55 the only version that does everything according to my needs.

I'm Al.

My primary computer is a Mac and until recently I had not found a reliable app to flash images to the SD cards. Last week I found a really nice App called Etcher which is super reliable and pretty fool proof. Just wanted to pass on the link in case anyone has a Mac and is looking for a good Flashing app.

https://github.com/resin-io/etcher

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunluce978 View Post
    My primary computer is a Mac and until recently I had not found a reliable app to flash images to the SD cards. Last week I found a really nice App called Etcher which is super reliable and pretty fool proof. Just wanted to pass on the link in case anyone has a Mac and is looking for a good Flashing app.

I wholeheartedly agree!

Rtj
    My Gear:
    Source component/s:
    Cambridge CXC Cd player; Inspire Apollo deck + Roksan Nima arm + Ortofon 2M Black; Denon TU-580RD tuner; Logitech Squeezebox Touch. Rpi with Volumio. RME DAC.

Amplification: WD KEL84+ valve amp; Rega Brio, Quad 306 (DADA modded, - in reserve)). Trichord Dino2 & Dino+ PS;

Wiim mini, Wiim Pro, Wiim ProPlus streamers

Loudspeakers:
    Living Voice Auditorium IBX-R2.
    Q Acoustics 2010 in the 'study'.

Cables/stands: Chords; Van Dammes 4mm

Any other hi-fi bits:
    Apple MacMini Pro; Senn HD598, 467,
    Linear PSs for Rpi and DAC. Pure mains conditioning.

I'm Barry.

Etcher is also available for the PC, been using it for a while.

https://www.etcher.io/

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunluce978 View Post

Etcher requires OS X 10.9 or later, and I'm not there yet so I've used this: http://www.tweaking4all.com/software...pple-pi-baker/

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast