+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Volumio 2

I'm Grant.

Default Volumio 2

I see its out! Downloaded and installed, and just letting it set up....seems to be automatic at moment. Its still adding music at moment, but anyone tried it yet?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Seems reasonably painless to set up. Didnt have my dac there (audiophonics) so picked hiberry. Seems to work now. Bit of an ommission not to mention it by name id have thought.
    Not worked out all controls yet.

A pic of the display

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm fabulous.

I've just downloaded and installed on my spare Raspberry PI2.
    Impressed with it, very polished. I have been using RuneAudio up to now as I preferred the interface and it's great that Volumio2 looks almost exactly the same!

It has played some WebRadio through the USB DAC and all was as normal. So currently left it indexing my NAS box with 2TB of ALAC music - that might take a while <lol>

Thanks for the prompt Grant, looks like this will be making it onto my main listening system (IQAudio+ DAC) this afternoon.
    lossless > Raspberry PI-3b+ > allo Boss > Van Damme Purple interconnect >
    Myryad Z210 CD Player > Chord Chameleon Silver+ interconnect >

into Magnum IA170 amplifier > Van Damme Blue 4mm cable > Mission 752 Freedom Floorstanders
    Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Open-back

I'm Grant.

Mine corrupted it seems. Did a restart and it never came back. Old volumio problem. Im rewriting it and give it another go. Didnt get very far to rate it sound wise although what i heard was promising. If its gonna break a lot like of old then its gonna get heaved rapidly lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm fabulous.

Been stable for me... although I did do what I normally when upgrading, I removed all the previous partitions from the microSD cards before reimaging. I've got used to using diskpart on Windows 7 now. It's probably an unnecessary step but I find it creates a more stable experience for me (possibly just placebo effect though)

Tell you what though, it's currently very slow at indexing my music collection. It's been running for an hour and still only indexed 335 albums - 4,321 to go
    lossless > Raspberry PI-3b+ > allo Boss > Van Damme Purple interconnect >
    Myryad Z210 CD Player > Chord Chameleon Silver+ interconnect >

into Magnum IA170 amplifier > Van Damme Blue 4mm cable > Mission 752 Freedom Floorstanders
    Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Open-back

I'm Grant.

Volumio 2. Number 2. Lol.

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Its not as quick as moode but did my meagre 1600 tracks in about 4 mins from usb drive self powered. Thought i had more on it tbh.
    Sound seems quite good, so if it stays stable i will give it an extended run
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Ive used discpart before but not on a sd card. I use an sd card formatter before i install everytime. Dont remember corrupting moode, but volumio was always doing it and initially why i changed. I liked moode a lot so vol 2 has a lot to live up to.
    Seems like a decent program so far.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Stephen.

Still running Volumio 1.55. Downloaded Volumio 2 but could never get into the web interface.

Of the three Volumio, Rune and Moode I find Volumio runs best in my configuration.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclopse View Post
    Still running Volumio 1.55. Downloaded Volumio 2 but could never get into the web interface.

Of the three Volumio, Rune and Moode I find Volumio runs best in my configuration.
    My second one is so far still ok. only thing is there is no way to add tracks from my PC wirelessly. Having been used to moode where it works, then this may be an annoyance. I quite like the interface so far, but its not a lot different to moode overall.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast