+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Volumio 2

I'm Sean.

I downloaded the latest version of Volumio yesterday evening having decided to try the pi for streaming as the other streaming gadgets I have tried wouldn't give me gapless playback so had been using a laptop. It was a bit fussy with picking up external drives, I had to rescan a few times. Also when it found my qnap NAS it woudn't mount for a couple of goes so I rebooted the pi and then it mounted fine. Took maybe 45 mins to index 1000 or so albums at over 1000 hours music. So far so good. Only picked Volumio as I found a good idiot's guide which I needed. I have everything wired through homeplugs so not relying on wireless, except for my phone to control it.

I'm Grant.

Although ive got volumios latest on a card ive yet to try it. The beta, that i was unaware was a beta, was hopeless. Let us know how it goes Sean. I might give it another whirl. Happy enough with moode 2.7 though.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Stephen.

Volumio 2.030 just released.

First version of Volumio 2 for me where everything is working as it should.

Thanks Michel Angelo.

I'm Alistair.

Tried the latest version last night. Purely for the Spotify plugin but scanning, updating and then rescanning the NAS was missing a lot of albums, about 40 % of the music.
    Back to MoOde and don't think i'll be changing again.

Cheers,
    Alistair

I'm Stephen.

Been doing some more tests of Volumio 2 recently. I am coming to the conclusion that it sounds a little muffled in absolute terms. Switching over to Rune 0.4 Beta give a much more open, clear and dynamic presentation.

I'm Grant.

Indeed, I found it a bit iffy and sound was nothing to get excited about. think Moode 3.1 is better sounding and much more stable/easy to use.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123