+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bespoke full range loudspeakers with Jordan drivers and Paul Smith fabric

I'm Adam.

Default Bespoke full range loudspeakers with Jordan drivers and Paul Smith fabric

I'm posting these on here in the normal classifieds as they were developed before taking on Royd Audio so I hope that's OK. They've been advertised a while elsewhere so apologies if you have already seen this.

These speakers were a labour of love and a high watermark in my product design. They have been featured on various online blogs and without exception everyone who has seen them in the flesh has been captivated by their unique look. It was a project that culminated in over a year of research and prototyping ending in commissioning a highly respected cabinet maker and upholsterer to realise the design.

These speakers would appeal to anyone interested in full range / wide band drivers, that is a design without crossover where a single driver handles all the information from the amplifier. I can also supply a pair of BSC circuits that can be plugged into the terminals but I used them without. They use a version of the highly regarded JX92 full range driver, developed and refined by British audio engineer Ted Jordan over his 40 year career. They employ a dual chamber bass reflex design, used to extract a great deal of tuneful bass from the single driver which also helps brace the cabinet internally so that it is structurally very stiff.

The 18mm MDF carcass is wrapped in 12mm sold American Walnut. The front baffle is completed using Paul Smith syncopated stripe fabric. The rear terminals are CNC'd from solid aluminium with 4mm binding posts. When I say these are unique speakers I am not understating this. When you consider that the fabric alone retails for £150 per linear meter, the enclosure is wrapped in 12mm solid Walnut and the whole thing was built by a cabinet maker you won't be surprised to find these speakers cost in excess of £2000 to bring to life.

Why do I want to sell them? Perhaps want isn't the right word, but I am a compulsive tinkerer and there are many projects I would like to do next and sadly I don't have room to keep all of them hence the sale. I would dearly love to have a museum of all the speakers I've made and owned but sadly without a Euro Millions win that won't be happening!

I would like to recoup some of my original investment so they are priced at £1000 for the pair

I am happy to demonstrate them and have a Naim system, you are more than welcome to bring your own to test. Collection preferred as these are heavy, large and delicate. I am between Aylesbury and Oxford so you can collect or I can bring them to you within reason.

• Impedence 8 Ohms
    • Power handling 35 watts ~ 75 watts(Max)
    • Frequency response 40Hz ~ 20Khz
    • X-max 8.5mm
    • Sensitivity 87dB 1W/1m
    • Dimensions 206mm x 229mm x 910mm

Last edited by smallangryboy; 05-08-2016 at 17:05.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Grant.

Pictures are not working
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adam.

It's my Dropbox account, I'll update the links, thanks!

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by smallangryboy View Post
    I'm posting these on here in the normal classifieds as they were developed before taking on Royd Audio so I hope that's OK. They've been advertised a while elsewhere so apologies if you have already seen this.

These speakers were a labour of love and a high watermark in my product design. They have been featured on various online blogs and without exception everyone who has seen them in the flesh has been captivated by their unique look. It was a project that culminated in over a year of research and prototyping ending in commissioning a highly respected cabinet maker and upholsterer to realise the design.

These speakers would appeal to anyone interested in full range / wide band drivers, that is a design without crossover where a single driver handles all the information from the amplifier. I can also supply a pair of BSC circuits that can be plugged into the terminals but I used them without. They use a version of the highly regarded JX92 full range driver, developed and refined by British audio engineer Ted Jordan over his 40 year career. They employ a dual chamber bass reflex design, used to extract a great deal of tuneful bass from the single driver which also helps brace the cabinet internally so that it is structurally very stiff.

The 18mm MDF carcass is wrapped in 12mm sold American Walnut. The front baffle is completed using Paul Smith syncopated stripe fabric. The rear terminals are CNC'd from solid aluminium with 4mm binding posts. When I say these are unique speakers I am not understating this. When you consider that the fabric alone retails for £150 per linear meter, the enclosure is wrapped in 12mm solid Walnut and the whole thing was built by a cabinet maker you won't be surprised to find these speakers cost in excess of £2000 to bring to life.

Why do I want to sell them? Perhaps want isn't the right word, but I am a compulsive tinkerer and there are many projects I would like to do next and sadly I don't have room to keep all of them hence the sale. I would dearly love to have a museum of all the speakers I've made and owned but sadly without a Euro Millions win that won't be happening!

I would like to recoup some of my original investment so they are priced at £1000 for the pair

I am happy to demonstrate them and have a Naim system, you are more than welcome to bring your own to test. Collection preferred as these are heavy, large and delicate. I am between Aylesbury and Oxford so you can collect or I can bring them to you within reason.

• Impedence 8 Ohms
    • Power handling 35 watts ~ 75 watts(Max)
    • Frequency response 40Hz ~ 20Khz
    • X-max 8.5mm
    • Sensitivity 87dB 1W/1m
    • Dimensions 206mm x 229mm x 910mm

This OK?
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Grant.

Thanks.. 1 pic will satisfy the rules.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adam.

I do apologise I did upload it with a bunch of pictures, thanks for adding that, I will try and fix the broken links.

+ Reply to Thread