+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Additional inputs for StanDAC

I'm Steve.

Default Additional inputs for StanDAC

I just wondered if, like me, anyone else had wished for extra optical inputs on their StanDAC?

Everything sounds so much better through my 7520 that I really want it to do all be digital sound, but I've noticed that standard practice seems to be for mass-market products to only have optical outputs, and my 7520 only has one optical input....

At the moment, the optical input is taken up with digital from my iMac, but I'd also like to connect my PS3 which is my BlueRay player.

I'm never going to use the USB input and suspect may other are the same. Personally I'd like to have two coaxial and two digital inputs.
    Last edited by twelvebears; 25-11-2009 at 09:24.
    Steve aka 'Twelvebears' (it's a long story)
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV via MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Oyaide mat and record clamp. SB Touch via Marantz PM-11S1 amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I'm notAlone.

You can use this : http://www.amazon.co.uk/HQ-Optical-T...9144850&sr=8-3

Splitting optical is simpler than coax...
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by twelvebears View Post
    I just wondered if, like me, anyone else had wished for extra optical inputs on their StanDAC?

I'm never going to use the USB input and suspect may other are the same. Personally I'd like to have two coaxial and two digital inputs.

I can remove the USB PCB and put in a TOSLINK socket for you instead. Email me.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Themis View Post
    You can use this : http://www.amazon.co.uk/HQ-Optical-T...9144850&sr=8-3

Splitting optical is simpler than coax...
    I use one of these to switch between the Xbox 360, PS3 & Sky+ - I can't hear any difference in quality compared to direct connection - but bear in mind you will need 4 leads for 3 devices. Also, be aware that it is a lot bigger than I thought it would be - (the black switch is about 2.5" in diameter and you'll get an idea.)
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm notAlone.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I use one of these to switch between the Xbox 360, PS3 & Sky+ - I can't hear any difference in quality compared to direct connection - but bear in mind you will need 4 leads for 3 devices. Also, be aware that it is a lot bigger than I thought it would be - (the black switch is about 2.5" in diameter and you'll get an idea.)
    Well, I could find a smaller one, I'm sure. Are you interested ?
    Dimitri.

George Orwell

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

It's fine, I was just surprised how big it was, but thanks anyway!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm notAlone.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    It's fine, I was just surprised how big it was, but thanks anyway!
    No problemo ! If Stan can modify it's better.
    Dimitri.

George Orwell

+ Reply to Thread