+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jean Michel Jarre - Electronica 2

I'm Shaun.

Default Jean Michel Jarre - Electronica 2

OK, first things first, this is not electronica, it is highly commercial electronic music. I got the distinct impression that this was like one of those old compilation tapes we used to make back in the seventies whilst trying to avoid the bloody DJ talking over everything. It appears to be a near random jumble of tracks put together for the sake of an album. My stand out track was 'Here for you' featuring Gary Numan but only because I like the music and stage presence of the man. I have a long interest in electronic music having first discovered it in 1972 with Brian Eno and Roxy Music but I cannot help but think that with this very album, the genre has gone a long way south of where it currently should be. One other point from a hi-fi point of view - why does this album have to be so bloody LOUD...??? On quite a few occasions it actually sounds like it is going to overload the poweramp inputs. It doesn't of course but why oh why...?

Ratings...? It is OK but highly commercial and just so damn loud.

Average, 5 out of 10.

I'm William.

I had seen a recent interview with JMJ and Numan and was considering buying this album as I am a Numan fan but based on your review I may wait until it hits the budget price section. Thanks Shaun.

+ Reply to Thread