+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from London, U.K.

I'm Niklas.

Default Hello from London, U.K.

Hello everyone,

My name is Nick and I just joined the forum. I'm in my mid-40s and have been interested and active in Hifi since I was 14 years old.

For a long time, I was mostly into commercial audio but my interests have more and more shifted into DIY, especially speakers, not only because my funds are more limited now with 3 kids but also because I find it more fun with less of that pretentiousness factor.

I still have my commercial system (Vienna Acoustics, Bryston, Metric Halo) but I find myself rather playing with TPA3116 and compression drivers at the moment, plus I'm an obsessive compulsive hoarder of DIY audio stuff for all kinds of dreamt-up projects that not always were...

Anyway, looking forward to hang out here from time to time

Enjoy your weekend

I'm Grant.

Hi Nick. Welcome to the site. Hope to see you post in the drawing board in future with some of your ideas
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm brian.

Welcome Nick. Enjoy

I'm Geoff.

Hi Nick. Welcome to AOS.

Lots of DIY fans here, plenty of hoarders too. Me included.

If you have projects on the go, some pictures in the Gallery or the Drawing board section would be good.

Tell us what music you listen to and what plans if any you may have for your system.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Nick,

Enjoy the Forum

Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread