+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Marantz CD94mkII problems and solutions. Owners please lend a hand.

I'm Andrew.

All well catered for here it seems, another AoS rescue in the making.

I'm Ying.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Cog? COG?

I think the CD94 in both marques used the Philips CDM-1 mech, one of the best they ever made. This used an elastically mounted cast mech frame, fitted to a solid outer assembly, which held the drawer and separate clamp assembly. The drawer and clamp parts were all belt driven and the metal drawer was swept in and out by a tuning-dial style fine steel line, a micro-switch then telling the closed drawer to stop and then activate the separate clamp. A far cry from the all plastic affair of the lower cost transports they made after this..

I DIY for household items. Many who do it would know that there is a great sense of satifaction whenever we succeed whether it is the faucet or simple electrical problems. I have no technical/mechanical training but have sufficient common sense knowledge after all these years by doing and observing.

I have been looking at this pic and I have opened up my 2 Cdps side and side and took photos of the internals from different angles and positions.

I have the 4 belts bought several years ago.

I do no know which belt goes to which part. For these I would appreciate those in the know to oblige by pointing out which 2 belts for the Drawer and which 2 belts are for the Clamps.

1st: Action plan the belts to the drawers

The Inner belt is shorter and I can access and change it without any apprehension as there is not obstacle.

For the Outer belt , this is my plan.

1-Drawer in closed position I switch off the power.

2-I will use a paper clip , straighten and make it to a low U shape. One end will hook on to the Left Loop/noose of the steel wire while the other end will hook onto the Right Loop/noose of the steel wire. This is to reduce risk of sudden release of tension and other consequence that I cannot foresee.

3-I will use a pincer and release the Left hook of the SPRING from the Left Loop/noose.

4-I will unwind the steel wire on the Left from the White plastic wheel . This will allow access for the Longer belt to be installed.

2nd : Action plan for the belts to the Clamp

1-The Lower belt will need patience to remove the old and replace the new belt. The tricky part after releasing from the plastic wheel is to nudge it between the 2 White top and bottom plastic wheels where the space is very narrow. The old belt can be removed by cuttng but the new belt has to be squeeze through to loop round the 2 plastic wheels.

2-The Top White plastic wheel has a metal washer. I will have to use polythene wrapper and place it under the wheel sufficiently adequate to catch the washer if case it springs and drop back.
    To remove it I will use a Dentist tool that is use to pry between teeth and/or cavity like this pic 4th from the top which I have:

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/dent...s-19235236.jpg

With the washer removed I should be able to install the belt.

So can forumners kindly advise on which belt goes to which part and the of any danger lurking.

Thank you all for reading.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345