+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: The TC-7535 Caiman SEG at a glance.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    Thinking about getting one of these. To use with a Cambridge Audio CXC.

S.
    Funnily enough I am thinking about getting the CXC to use with my SEG.

How do you find the CXC ?

My main source is a Raspberry Pi with Wolfson Card. However, I like to run a CD player in case of IT failures etc. For the last 20 years I have had a Pioneer Stable Platter CD player which is good but I would like something a bit more modern looking in my rig.

Do you have the black CXC ? I want the black one to match my other components. Some CXC's look like a proper black colour in photos (especially the ones with Union Jack Sticker). Other black ones look more like a graphite / grey colour - if yours is black how black is the black ? I would prefer a proper black to match my SEG and black Creek 50A amplifier.
    Adam.

I'm Shane.

The CXC is a great bit of kit. That is all I can say, Adam.

Have fun.

S.

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Theadmans View Post
    Funnily enough I am thinking about getting the CXC to use with my SEG.

How do you find the CXC ?

My main source is a Raspberry Pi with Wolfson Card. However, I like to run a CD player in case of IT failures etc. For the last 20 years I have had a Pioneer Stable Platter CD player which is good but I would like something a bit more modern looking in my rig.

Do you have the black CXC ? I want the black one to match my other components. Some CXC's look like a proper black colour in photos (especially the ones with Union Jack Sticker). Other black ones look more like a graphite / grey colour - if yours is black how black is the black ? I would prefer a proper black to match my SEG and black Creek 50A amplifier.
    My CXC (with Union Jack Sticker) is as black as my SEG, and sound very good together

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by OD1 View Post
    My CXC (with Union Jack Sticker) is as black as my SEG, and sound very good together
    Yes that is what I wanted a black like the SEG.

It is strange though - looking at all the official photos of the CXC - the ones with Union Jack stickers look black - the ones without the sticker look more like graphite. Hope they haven't changed the colour. Perhaps I'll keep an eye out for a secondhand one with the sticker.
    Adam.

I'm Jo.

I have a CXC [flying the Union flag] and it is a super bit of kit: it looks fabulous and in my opinion performance is well beyond the price tag.

[Also, should you find it not to your taste the CXC commands a good second-hand price and seems to be sought after.]

I'm Mario.

I want to use the SEG only as a Dac, to do so I will connect it to a pre-amplifier. It is possible to bypass the volume control of the SEG or the signal will pass everytime by the "volume signal path" of the SEG? Basically I want that the SEG to function with a fixed output.
    Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by mnuno10; 02-01-2018 at 10:00.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by mnuno10 View Post
    I want to use the SEG only as a Dac, to do so I will connect it to a pre-amplifier. It is possible to bypass the volume control of the SEG or the signal will pass everytime by the "volume signal path" of the SEG? Basically I want that the SEG to function with a fixed output.
    Thank you in advance.
    That's how I use mine, volume control doesn't affect volume into the pre when on DAC setting, it can control the headphone volume when in DAC mode however.

I'm Mario.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    That's how I use mine, volume control doesn't affect volume into the pre when on DAC setting, it can control the headphone volume when in DAC mode however.
    Ok, that makes sense. Thank you very much.

I'm Andrew.

I'm going to ask another potentially daft question but as I can't remember the last time I bought brand new kit I'm cautious.

In pre-amp mode the DAC is still active? The pre amp mode just adds volume control?

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by agk View Post
    I'm going to ask another potentially daft question but as I can't remember the last time I bought brand new kit I'm cautious.

In pre-amp mode the DAC is still active? The pre amp mode just adds volume control?
    That's right, I stream from my SoTm SMS 200 into the SEG and I can either output the DAC to my pre amp or I can listen via headphones.

You can also use the SEG as a pre amp as well still utilising the DAC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast