+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: The TC-7535 Caiman SEG at a glance.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    Thinking about getting one of these. To use with a Cambridge Audio CXC.

S.
    Funnily enough I am thinking about getting the CXC to use with my SEG.

How do you find the CXC ?

My main source is a Raspberry Pi with Wolfson Card. However, I like to run a CD player in case of IT failures etc. For the last 20 years I have had a Pioneer Stable Platter CD player which is good but I would like something a bit more modern looking in my rig.

Do you have the black CXC ? I want the black one to match my other components. Some CXC's look like a proper black colour in photos (especially the ones with Union Jack Sticker). Other black ones look more like a graphite / grey colour - if yours is black how black is the black ? I would prefer a proper black to match my SEG and black Creek 50A amplifier.
    Adam.

I'm Shane.

The CXC is a great bit of kit. That is all I can say, Adam.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan........UB1 Birth.

Home Hi-Fi Pics & Classifieds UK (On Facebook)

I'm Oliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Theadmans View Post
    Funnily enough I am thinking about getting the CXC to use with my SEG.

How do you find the CXC ?

My main source is a Raspberry Pi with Wolfson Card. However, I like to run a CD player in case of IT failures etc. For the last 20 years I have had a Pioneer Stable Platter CD player which is good but I would like something a bit more modern looking in my rig.

Do you have the black CXC ? I want the black one to match my other components. Some CXC's look like a proper black colour in photos (especially the ones with Union Jack Sticker). Other black ones look more like a graphite / grey colour - if yours is black how black is the black ? I would prefer a proper black to match my SEG and black Creek 50A amplifier.
    My CXC (with Union Jack Sticker) is as black as my SEG, and sound very good together

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by OD1 View Post
    My CXC (with Union Jack Sticker) is as black as my SEG, and sound very good together
    Yes that is what I wanted a black like the SEG.

It is strange though - looking at all the official photos of the CXC - the ones with Union Jack stickers look black - the ones without the sticker look more like graphite. Hope they haven't changed the colour. Perhaps I'll keep an eye out for a secondhand one with the sticker.
    Adam.

I'm John.

I have a CXC [flying the Union flag] and it is a super bit of kit: it looks fabulous and in my opinion performance is well beyond the price tag.

[Also, should you find it not to your taste the CXC commands a good second-hand price and seems to be sought after.]
    Main ~ Rega TTP > Rega P3/Elys 24 > Rega Fono > Cyrus 8vs2/8 Power + PSXRs / Arcam DV143 > Audiolab M-Dac < Pioneer BDP 450 & Sony BDP S780. Yamaha KX-580 SE Cassette Deck. Lehamann Rhinelander HPA ~ Tri-Arbour and Atacama Eris racks. Rega & Cyrus cabling. Spendor S3e standmounts on Partington stands.

Headphone rig ~ Cambridge CXC CD Transport or MacBook Pro > Beresford Caiman II TC7534/SWF3 > Lehman Linear HPA or Beresford Capella HPA < Sennheiser HD700 <Sennheiser HD650 < Grado SR325i <Grado SR80

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920