+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: The TC-7535 Caiman SEG at a glance.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Intenso View Post
    Thanks Adam, would you say its worthwhile over stock PS?
    ...difficult to say as I haven't used the stock psu for a good three years or so. I was using an Anker battery but got fed up of the faff involved in keeping it charged (I also had to add a grain of wheat bulb to ensure enough current was demanded to keep the Anker alive).

...what I can say is that the Chinese Power supply was certainly as good as the Anker. When I first bought the Anker it was a step up from the standard PSU so ipso facto I think the Chinese Job is a good buy.
    Adam.

I'm Giuseppe.

hy to all
    i'd like to know if Stan thinking to improve the dsd capability
    because if he'll do
    the seg will be my definitive dac for long long time!

i hope so....very good music whit this dac!!!

I'm Tony.

My new SEG was delivered today and straight from the off it sounds great.

Little bit of burn in and this is clearly a winner and I'm a fussy bugger

Dedicated dual LPS for both the Touch and SEG hopefully arriving in the next couple of weeks so maybe even a little more performance to come

Tempted to get some headphones now, where does it all end?
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm Tony.

Well my dual LPS arrived today 12v instead of 15v and the 5v is reading as 11v.

Can anyone advise is there a way to adjust the output or is this a return...
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

There are two preset controls inside the PSU that you would need to adjust. Remove the top of the case and take a picture of the inside of the PSU so that one of us here can identify the presets that need adjusting, unless you recognise them before posting the picture here. You can of course also ask the seller for instructions on how to make the adjustment.

I'm Tony.

Hi Stan

I've had a bit of feedback on the Blank Canvas section of the forum and I've adjusted one side to 14.9v which seems to work well with the SEG.

The other side wont adjust to anything below 10.7v so no good for the SBT.

I'm not even sure the transformer in the unit would go below 7.5v.

Here's a pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Rob.

Unfortunately my Chinese 5V Linear Power Supply has stopped working. Don't know if anyone else has had this happen. Checked all the fuses etc, but something else has gone wrong. Not being an electronics person I've no idea how to fix. I think the time has come to buy an expensive Mark Grant one. If anyone has use for a non-working 5V PSU, let me know, particularly if you're in the Redhill, Surrey area.
    Bit-perfect Streaming: Raspberry Pi 2 & HiFiBerry Digi+ & MoodeAudio; DAC: Beresford Caiman SEG; Power Amp: Naim NAP 100; Speakers: PMC TB2i
    Recording: Mics: 2 X DPA 2011C, 2 X Line Audio OM1, 2 X Line Audio CM3, 2 X Calrec CM652D, iSK SM168, 2 X Behringer C4; Recorder: Zoom F8; Zoom H4N; Interfaces/Mixers: Sound Devices USBPre-2, Behringer Xenyx 802, Monitors: KRK Rokit 6

Quote Originally Posted by robtweed View Post
    Unfortunately my Chinese 5V Linear Power Supply has stopped working. Don't know if anyone else has had this happen.
    Drop it off by me if you ever come this way and I shall have a quick look at it for you. Or you can post it without the mains lead.

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    Drop it off by me if you ever come this way and I shall have a quick look at it for you. Or you can post it without the mains lead.
    Stan, many thanks for that very generous offer - you are a true gentleman! I'll probably post it to you to take a look. Since it didn't cost a great deal in the first place I wouldn't expect you to spend much time on it, but of course it could be something trivial, in which case it would be cool to have it fixed :-)
    Bit-perfect Streaming: Raspberry Pi 2 & HiFiBerry Digi+ & MoodeAudio; DAC: Beresford Caiman SEG; Power Amp: Naim NAP 100; Speakers: PMC TB2i
    Recording: Mics: 2 X DPA 2011C, 2 X Line Audio OM1, 2 X Line Audio CM3, 2 X Calrec CM652D, iSK SM168, 2 X Behringer C4; Recorder: Zoom F8; Zoom H4N; Interfaces/Mixers: Sound Devices USBPre-2, Behringer Xenyx 802, Monitors: KRK Rokit 6

I'm Shane.

Thinking about getting one of these. To use with a Cambridge Audio CXC.

S.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast