+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Equipment You Wish You'd Kept!

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by fresherr View Post
    None that I can remember. Somehow managed to drag my system and vinyl with me everywhere I went. I'm just glad this thread wasn't titled "Women You Wish You'd Kept". Only one; there was this blonde...
    Ha Ha

I'm Steve.

Default two silly mistakes

I had a technics sl 110 it was very good ( you don't see many for sale ) ................l sold it.................plonker!
    I also had a pair of spendor bc3s, I paid £20 from a charity shop,I put them staight up for sale. My wife was ill when I first bought them so I just plumbed them in to see if all was working and all was well, it was only when the buyer came round I opened them up properly ( by this time my missus was well ) and i realised what I was parting with.....It takes a lot of hard work to be that stupid.

I'm Charlie.

No real regrets about selling.

Miss my immaculate TD124/II, which came in a lovely solid teak plinth, but I was never going to play it again, after buying a Platine Verdier.

The one thing I do regret is throwing away my trashed Micro Seiki LC80W cartridge back in the late 80s/eary 90s. Micro had gone bust by then and I didn't think about getting it rebuilt elsewhere

I'm Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Henry Jones View Post
    I had a technics sl 110 it was very good ( you don't see many for sale ) ................l sold it.................plonker!
    I also had a pair of spendor bc3s, I paid £20 from a charity shop,I put them staight up for sale. My wife was ill when I first bought them so I just plumbed them in to see if all was working and all was well, it was only when the buyer came round I opened them up properly ( by this time my missus was well ) and i realised what I was parting with.....It takes a lot of hard work to be that stupid.
    Hi Steve

Welcome from a fellow Bournemouth Lad
    Bi Amplification
    Quad 33 with current Mod for CD
    2 Quad 303 Bi Amped
    Turntable
    Thorens TD 125 MK1 , SME 3009 S2 Non Improved , Shure V15 II , SME 2000 Plinth
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Loudspeakers
    Tannoy 615 MK2
    Cassette
    Goodmans GSW 435

I'm Steve.

Default local talent

Another man from Bournemouth ! Ok do you like rhythm&blues/soule? If so do you know the bell in pokesdown? There is a band that get in there now and then called the night workers. Bass, rhythm, lead, drums and a fat brass section . Very good!

I'm Gary.

Kinda wish I'd kept My Marantz CD63 Ki Signature cd player?

Nice bit of kit at tbe time but moved it on.
    After I learned which end of the soldering iron to hold though, always wondered how far it could be modded.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Kinda wish I'd kept My Marantz CD63 Ki Signature cd player?

Nice bit of kit at tbe time but moved it on.
    After I learned which end of the soldering iron to hold though, always wondered how far it could be modded.
    Yeah, I enjoyed my CD63 KI when I had it. Was a very popular cdp, nice detailed sound although ultimately could be a bit hard / glassy. Moved mine on for the Pioneer PD 91 which I wont be moving on

I'm Kevin.

I for one was not keen on the CD63 KI.
    A mate bought this, and a new marantz amp. I went round for a listen.
    He asked me what I thought. I told him gently that I didn't like it and preferred his older stuff.

He pulled the boxes from behind the sofa, packed them away and took them back.
    Apparently he just wanted a second opinion. I was glad he got rid of them.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Neil.

Maybe I shouldn't have sold my 10" Helius Scorpio 4 arm...
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Richard.

Cambridge Audio C75/A75 pre/power combo. Got them for free as a 20 year old technician (one channel had gone bang in a big way), repaired and they replaced a Nad 3130 at the time. Stunning difference and ran then for a couple of years before moving to Australia - I sold them rather than having to move them, thinking any pre/power would sound this good. doh! Didn't even know who Stan Curtis was at the time.

Still looking for another set, 30 years later

Richard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast