+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Equipment You Wish You'd Kept!

I'm Jez.

Leak Stereo 20 I had to sell in needs must situation... when they were only worth £70! Luckily a good mate gave me another one several years later
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm sorted.

Had one of these beauties

It had developed a fault so ended up binning it during a house move

I'm James.

Glenn Croft Modified Leak stereo 20, Garrard 301 and a Decca Blue, yep sold the lot 25 years ago to an old chap down the road after deciding Ceedee was the future.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm joe.

Nothing, really. I sort of miss my Border Patrol power amp, but I was never really happy with a valve amp in the house. Other than, stuff I sold on or gave away had either served its purpose or been a PITA or just didn't suit. (I've still got two full systems, a spare CDP, preamp and power amp that I really ought to move on. Apart from the CDP which is there in case one of my two other CDPs conks out).

I'm Martin.

A minty Leak TL10 with almost fresh GEC valves. Like Jez sold it as needs must for £120 - could stick a nought on that now and the valves are probably a few hundred. KT61 I think. That was 20 odd years ago though.

Sot of regret selling my Celestion A2 speakers as they were mint and I let them go too cheap. Just felt there were too many speakers piling up. Not that bothered though.

Now a list of stuff I regret buying - that would be a long one.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    All the "equipment I wish I'd kept" - I did. Thus my house is full of audio gear; much to the bewilderment of my girlfriend.

Of the few items I have sold on, only the Revox G36 reel-to-reel machine (bought for £25) and a pair of homebuilt Mullard 5-10 amplifiers, are remembered with nostalgia and affection.

Yes I've had a couple of sets of Quad 22/2xII amplifiers. Dated yes, but no way could you describe them as "junk". The Quad 22 preamp can readily be dispensed with. I ran the Quad IIs using a Hafler DH-101 preamp into Quad ESLs. Maybe not as good a Leak Stereo 20, and certainly not as good as any Radford valve amp, but the Quads do have a gorgeous liquid midrange.
    Sorry Barry, but why anyone would spend big money on Quad 2s I don't know, I think it a tad mad - imho. The Leak TL20 is much better, as are Radfords. I have heard standard Quads, and reworked Quads and I don't rate them. The only Quads I ever heard that came close to being desirable were rebuilt and reworked by Peter Lindley a maverick speaker and amplifier builder, he was from East Anglia. Bar his speakers which were production items all his amps were one off items, none quiet the same as the last as he incorporated new ideas. His TVAs were nice. The others based on a Quad chassis were Concordant, which I heard in Fortress Audio in London, many years ago, nice but not essential.
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 13-07-2016 at 19:48.
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Don't hold back there Neil, tell us what you really think
    Yeah I was in one of those moods, diplomacy out the window. Harsh maybe but how I feel based on experience.
    Regards Neil

I'm Mike.

My beloved Musical Fidelity A1000 would be the main one. 50 watts class A...fab build quality too. MF have never built anything like it b4 or after....nor will they, as it would cost too much and probably breach the energy convention
    This one ............

http://www.audioreview.com/cat/ampli...2_2717crx.aspx

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    lol, yup that one....forgot about that.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

And. I wouldn't mind my Technics EPC-305MC and Fidelity Research MC-202 back either. Not the best MCs I've owned, but damned good!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast