Thread: Mark Grant HDX1 Pure Copper audio cables

I'm Mark.

Default Mark Grant HDX1 Pure Copper audio cables

New product available at last.

Replaces the G1000HD and G2000HD range.

-

Mark Grant HDX1 Pure Copper audio cables

Excellent connectors and a low price.

£55 for 1 metre stereo pair, any length can be made.

High build quality and performance as you would expect.

Shipping anywhere in the world, if you don't see a shipping option to your country send me a message and I can work it out and deduct the VAT for customers outside of Europe.

More details to follow.

I'm Mark.

A few comments from customers, all good and the customers knew nothing about any technical details of the construction or the connectors, just tried it and listened.

The cable performed much better than the Interconnects I had been using.

Your cable has bags of detail, Supple bass and great depth and dimension to music.

The sound with the new cable has better timing, greater bass definition and all instruments have a greater space between them.

I'm Gareth.

Replaces the G1000HD and G2000HD range
    Daft question, but does this also replace the G1500HD range?

I'm Mark.

Hello Gareth,

yes it does, no need for the G1500HD with Neutrik Profi. This connector is excellent and costs less.

I can fit WBT 0110 AG if anyone requires them, costs a lot more though.

A new delivery of connectors arrived last week so plenty available again after a bit of a delay due to a connector shortage, I used all that where available and the lead time from the connector manufacturer is long.

I'm Josie.

I can confirm that the HDX1 is a superb sounding cable. I have a set myself.

The connectors are superb too. Excellent quality.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm James.

Sounds a very reasonable price compared to the majority of rip off overpriced cables out there.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Josie.

+1 James.

The build quality is excellent as always too.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Looks like a great product, Mark. Love the plugs! Are they a non-metallic construction? Anyway, you should do very well with these cables

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Mark.

The connectors have a plastic front part that holds the contacts and an aluminium body/ barrel to cover the soldered part of the contacts.

The centre pin is hollow similar to the design of the popular variations of 'bullet' connectors.

The ground connection is a full circular metal contact with high contact area and low resistance rather than the miniature point of contact of the 'bullet' design of connectors. The connection area inside the connector is also large so that plenty of screening from the cable can be connected.
    The circular ground contact has a gap in the circular design to help with low capacitance.

I have also listed these on ebay for people that prefer to buy on ebay and there are shipping options for everywhere on ebay.
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Mark-Grant-Cables

They are proving popular and customer feedback has been great

I'm Panos.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    +1 James.

The build quality is excellent as always too.

I also bought two pairs of the HDX1 actually, to connect my Croft Micro25R with my Croft Series7R mono blocks and also my CD player with the preamp. The first impressions are very positive, although I am still burning in the cables.

The downside is that -given the higher levels of details with the new cables- I have to repeat my 12BH7A valve comparisons... RCS vs Tung-Sol vs Sylvania vs Westinghouse, etc., etc. Quite fun though, I should not complain -))
    System1: Lenco L75 with custom plinth, SLAT, sph bearing, SG4 external power supply + Alfred Bokrand AB-309 tonearm + Denon DL103R (aluminum body) + Well Tempered 12" tonearm clone + Denon DL103R (wooden body), ASR Mini Basis Exclusive HV, Marantz CD6005, LAB12 DAC1 SE+, Hattor BIG passive + active pre, Lab12 Suono power amp, Falcon LS3/5a Gold Badge, LAB12 Gordian, Belden 8428, Black Cat Red Level Triode, LAB12 Knack MkII

System 2: Roksan Xerxes original (HiFi Inspire plinth) with Maxon ReMax motor + Audiomods Series6 + Ortofon Cadenza Black microridge retipped, ASR Mini Basis Exclusive, Marantz CD6003, Croft Micro25R + Series7R monoblocks (110W/ea), Harbeth SHL5 Plus 40th Anniv.

System 3: Marantz CD6003, Croft SuperMicroII ('R' spec by Croft, Tesla E83CC in phono)+ Series7, Snell Type EII (with bypass caps, new internal wiring, WBT nextgen 0703Cu), Mark Grant HDX1, Atlas Hyper 3.0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast