+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The end of Nebo

I'm Steve.

Exclamation The end of Nebo

Hi guys.

I am sad to announce that I am bringing to an end the the North East Bake Off. Having read with interest threads elsewhere about Nebo 7 and the stress caused by some of the comments and to be honest total bullshit about it all I simply feel very disheartened by the whole thing.

I have really enjoyed the events over the past few years and wish to thank all of those people who made the days very special indeed. I would never have met some of the great people I have had it not been for Nebo. Nebo meets have been very special days indeed and i have enjoyed every one. There has been some rather special moments like Alan Towell's fantastic home made amps and his superb reel to reels.

All good things come to an end and despite some of the comments I have read elsewhere on the Web I feel very proud of Nebo and would like to think i have made a few friends over the past few years. However, i am sure that many of you will understand that although my intentions have been honourable with good intentions the hatred and disdain for me in certain sectors makes me feel that it is all just simply not worth my while. I will now simply get on with enjoying music and my hi-fi in the same way I did before I ever thought of Nebo.
    I will of course continue to post here and pfm with my usual enthusiasm. Cheers guys.
    Last edited by Floyddroid; 12-07-2016 at 07:30.

I'm Alan.

Hey Steve,
    I'm really sad to hear about that but I understand your reasoning completely.
    I think the Bake offs have been excellent events and we have all had the chance to meet some of the nice people we interface with on these forums and hear some excellent vintage equipment and new music I would not of otherwise had the opportunity to sample.
    They have always be well organised, had a good turn out and always been a friendly and enjoyable day, so Steve you have nothing to regret mate and my hat is off to you for organizing these events in the first place also I wouldn't have met you and Neil Blackwood without the NEBO, how sad would that be.

well done mate

Best Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Alan.

That is sad news Steve, particularly as I haven't managed to get to one

Rather more disappointing that the trolls come out with bulsh*t for what has come across as a very enjoyable and informative series of events.
    I for one have very much enjoyed reading the NEBO reports.

Thanks Steve

I'm Brian.

Now that's very sad news Steve . As Alan says it's fully understandable as by going the extra mile ( and some ) to organise the NEBOS you seem to have become the target of some horrible people on the internet .
    Me and the guys ( Ali and Gary ) have travelled quite a few miles to attend the last two and personally I've really looked froward to them and really enjoyed them when they've come around . It's been a pleasure to meet your good self and all the other guys who have attended the Nebos which I've attended .
    Thanks for giving me something to look forward to throughout the year mate , and thanks for all your efforts in organising these events for the troops . They've all been a bit different and a bit special Steve so well done mate
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Steve.

Many thanks Alan. We really must stay in touch. So lets make sure we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by 337alant View Post
    Hey Steve,
    I'm really sad to hear about that but I understand your reasoning completely.
    I think the Bake offs have been excellent events and we have all had the chance to meet some of the nice people we interface with on these forums and hear some excellent vintage equipment and new music I would not of otherwise had the opportunity to sample.
    They have always be well organised, had a good turn out and always been a friendly and enjoyable day, so Steve you have nothing to regret mate and my hat is off to you for organizing these events in the first place also I wouldn't have met you and Neil Blackwood without the NEBO, how sad would that be.

well done mate

Best Alan

I'm Steve.

Many thanks Alan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    That is sad news Steve, particularly as I haven't managed to get to one

Rather more disappointing that the trolls come out with bulsh*t for what has come across as a very enjoyable and informative series of events.
    I for one have very much enjoyed reading the NEBO reports.

Thanks Steve

I'm Steve.

It's been great to meet you and the Scottish mafia Brian. I have to say what a fantastic group of gentlemen. At least now we can put names and voices to each other via AOS et al. Thank you for your support and it has been all worth while given your comments. Thank you and the boys for travelling all that way but most of all for pitching in and making the events so special.
    Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Now that's very sad news Steve . As Alan says it's fully understandable as by going the extra mile ( and some ) to organise the NEBOS you seem to have become the target of some horrible people on the internet .
    Me and the guys ( Ali and Gary ) have travelled quite a few miles to attend the last two and personally I've really looked froward to them and really enjoyed them when they've come around . It's been a pleasure to meet your good self and all the other guys who have attended the Nebos which I've attended .
    Thanks for giving me something to look forward to throughout the year mate , and thanks for all your efforts in organising these events for the troops . They've all been a bit different and a bit special Steve so well done mate

I'm peter.

Well Steve this comes as quite a shock to me I didn't realise there were unsavoury things happening in the background ahh well that's a blow. I concur with everybody else that it was great to put faces to names and to meet lots of fellow enthusiasts. I have met a few lads anyways through the nebo who as far as I am concerned are friends for life none more so than you mr Petch I would like to thank you for all the bloody hard work that went on behind the scenes and for commitment above and beyond not just for nebo but all the other good work you do for all us progheads.
    A sorry day and a big thankyou for at least taking it as far as it has.
    RIP NEBO
    HEGEL H100 integrated amp
    REGA rp6/exact cart
    REGA Apollo r CD
    NEAT ELITE SE loudspeakers
    BERESFORD bushmaster mk2 dac