+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hisense 50" or LG 43" LCD "4K" Smart TV

I'm Kevin.

Default Hisense 50" or LG 43" LCD "4K" Smart TV

Looking for a new TV for Mrs H and have seen a Hisense 50" TV for a good price. I am a bit nervous as it's made in China and I don't believe there is sufficient history to know about product longevity.
    It looks good in the shop with an HD feed. I am not sure what LED backlighting it has though.

The other option is a 43" LG with direct LED backlighting (supposedly the best). Which would you go for and why? Should I forget 4K UHD and just get a HD TV?

She currently uses my Sony 32" LED TV, so either of the above would be a step up. The TV will be fed by a HD satellite decoder. It makes me think that "4K" will be a waste of time and as the satellite feed has only just gone HD, a 4K feed is likely to be a long way off.

We don't use it for watching movies, just general TV.
    I am tempted to get a 40" Sony 200Hz smart TV for about €150 less. Would this be a mistake?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Grant.

LG stuff is decent. Got one in the livingroom now. Its a good age and been used 24/7. Still works well. Think they are all made in China or Korea, but some have better parts etc. Samsung and LG are probably the best of the group...barring the really expensive brands that may well not be much better. The 4k is a bit pointless as there is very little or any true 4k broadcasts as far as I know. Doubt folks broadband could handle it either streamed.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Kevin.

Thanks for the response Grant.
    The 4K is not much more expensive that the HD version, so I think we will go for it based on the reviews I have found on the Internet.
    Kevin

I have a 50" 4K Samsung in the UK and a 50" 4K HiSense in Spain and both I and the boss think the HiSense picture quality is significantly better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Nick

UK - Technics SP10, EPA 500, AT33SA - Roonserver on i5 NUC running Windows 10 Pro - Devialet 1000 PRO CI - Magico S5 - Finite Elemente Wall Shelf

Spain - Roonserver on i7 NUC running Windows 10 Pro - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Ergo IX

I'm Geoffrey.

What's the model number of the 50 inch Hisense you're considering ?

I'm Kevin.

The models I am considering are the Hisense H50MEC3350 and the LG 43UH610V
    Kevin

I'm Geoffrey.

Quote Originally Posted by CageyH View Post
    The models I am considering are the Hisense H50MEC3350 and the LG 43UH610V
    Hi Kevin,

I couldn't find any information in english on the Hisense model you mentioned, I'm guessing it's a new model ?

Richer Sounds have this one at £449.00 with a six year guarantee, older model ? Have a read of the customer reviews.

I'm considering this model but I fear it may be too big for my small lounge. http://www.richersounds.com/product/...0/hise-65k5510

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_4Ys-yRGgM

I'm Kevin.

I think it is the European model, with the U.K. model being the M3300?
    A friend has just bought the 65" Hisense and is very happy with it.

I spoke to the Mrs last night and she thinks that the 50" will be too big. We only use it for watching TV. We use an HD projector for films etc. Based on this, I will be picking up the LG on the way home tonight.
    Kevin

+ Reply to Thread