+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chateau bagging

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Great pics Alan , I do miss Being in France
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

I'm Kevin.

Nice pictures from what looks to have been a superb day for flying.
    Very jealous that you were able to do this while I was at work.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Phil.

wow alan ! i flew a little helicopter over coventry airport supervised and i was bricking it

you sure have some balls !!!

fab photos . hate to think what your life insurance premium is !!
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Alan.

Default View from the 'chair' this morning

Unusual for me to fly in the morning because it is a little more challenging to take off. Sometimes the wind direction keeps changing, due to the thermal effects of different fields heating up at different rates, and has had me chasing the direction around the compass before

Got off OK at 9:10 (8:10 UK time) and flew at 1500 feet where the air was smooth, it was a bit bumpy under 1000 feet. A couple of shots:

Boy it gives you a brilliant feeling for the rest of the day

I'm Adam.

Amazing photos! Great clarity…
    Do you feel no fear Alan?

I'm Alan.

Umm.....fear no, a little apprehension yes. That's a good thing in my book as it makes you aware of what you are doing.

Flying defensively is always my mantra, making sure there is somewhere to land if necessary. I have had the engine stop a few times with the old two stroke, then it's just a question of gliding down and landing

I'm martin.

How do you learn to fly one of theses ? most other forms of aircraft? have two seats so an instruction can accompany the pupil, doesn't seem likely in your type of craft.
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

I'm Alan.

Hi Martin, PPG (powered paragliding) is somewhat different. You have to learn to control the wing on the ground in different wind conditions before you even go near the motor.

This is called 'ground handling' and you can't do too much of it. Then you are introduced to the motor with some ground runs, it is generally a bit of a shock to have the added weight on your back.
    Then for a lot of pupils the first flight is the first solo flight, under instruction from the FI on the radio. This is how it was for me, you do need a bit of courage to go for it.

There are a couple of schools that do tandem flights but the instruction value is questionable. Once trained it is all down to technique and can be made to look easy

BTW The weight of the motor is not felt during flight once you have taken off.
    Last edited by Firebottle; 16-07-2016 at 04:47. Reason: Motor weight

I'm Mike.

Hi Alan

How long can you stay airborne for and are there any restrictions over where you can fly? Would I like to do it yes, could I do it, not a hope!!

Respect to you

Mike

I'm Alan.

Default 3 more chateau's bagged.

Mike, you can stay airbourne for quite some time, usually limited by bladder or fuel, or weather. Some pilots that like to go cross country fit extra fuel tanks and have flown for 6 hours or more.

With my economical 4 stroke motor I could stay airbourne for nearly 5 hours if I brimmed the tank. My longest flight though is 1 and 1/2 hours.
    You have to obey all the rules of the air (Air Navigation Order) so usually can't fly in restricted airspace, and fly VFR (Visual Flight Rules) so that's no night flying.

I have flown from Wolverhampton Halfpenny Green airport, that needs permission and preferably an airband radio so you can at least hear the calls from other traffic.

Had another early flight this morning, taking off at 8:04. Bagged 3 more local chateau's.

First one at La Motte:

Second one took a little time to get to as there was a 10mph head wind, this is at Chazelet:

Third one is quite local to the airfield, Chateau de la Garde:

I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast